"Sports Night" on DVD

Discussion in 'Community' started by jrv3034, Jan 27, 2003.

1. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

Did any of you ever saw the awesome TV sitcom "Sports Night"? Well, now you have a chance to see ALL of it. The COMPLETE series by Aaron Sorkin (of West Wing fame) is available on DVD, and may I say it's fantastic! I've been watching all the episodes, commercial free, and it's a real rush!

If you never had a chance to see this show, but you like witty, fast-paced conversations between a group of really great characters, you should rent this thing.

Anyways, any fans of the series out there?

2. BigJayhawk macrumors regular

The series is GREAT. If Apple is how a computer maker ought to run then Sports Night is how the nightly sports show should be.

My wife LOVES the show too.

Buy the DVD's immediately -- they're great!

3. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

That show was great. I think that I may buy the DVDs. How many seasons was that series on for? It's a shame that it was taken off the air.:(

4. BigJayhawk macrumors regular

5. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

It is a shame. I too thought that show was great. I wish HBO would have picked it up like they talked about doing. Oh well. Cancelling "Sports Night" was just another dumb move by ABC. Man, ABC sucks.

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Sports night isn't bad. They're on comedy central sometimes late at night (used to be every night, but SNL is just cheaper)...

i'm more excited about Six Feet Under hitting DVD in a week. been waiting for this for over a year! and season 3 starts in like a month... *drools* best show on tv. period.

pnw

7. jrv3034 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Never seen "Six Feet Under" because I don't have HBO. Maybe now I can rent a few episodes to see if it's my cup of tea.;)

Isn't it awesome that TV shows are finally coming out on DVDs in their entirety? I can't wait to get my hands on Band of Brothers, The Sopranos, The X-Files, and hopefully someday The West Wing!:D