Spot-on article regarding US/Israel/Russia

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by diamond geezer, Sep 22, 2004.

1. diamond geezer macrumors regular

As long as Governments keep lying about the real reasons for terrorism and as long as the voters (dodgy Russian elections excepted) keep believing them, we can expect terrorism to continue no mater how many troops and missles are thrown in to the "war".

2. takao macrumors 68040

takao

well at least now is a "kalashnikov vodka" available to drink away the problems
    (i can't wait to get my hands on one of these bottles...)

3. diamond geezer thread starter macrumors regular

I was in Athens once, staying in a dodgy, bottom-of-the-range hostel. I was sharing a room with a Russian ex-army officer. We could only communicate via a Russian-US phrase book (which in itself was a funny book, it had sections on "how to get a credit card"). He offered me some of his Vodka, out of a plastic bottle. The smell almost stripped the hairs out of my nose. I declined the offer, having got VERY drunk the night before in Corinth.

He was a really nice guy.

4. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Kerry needs to read this word for word at the first debate. I'd like to see Bush smirk that statement off.

5. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Bingo.

This has been a bone of contention for me since that now-infamous State of the Union Addy in which W decided to put the entire Muslim and non-WTO Asiatic world on notice.

I cannot trust, respect or vote for a National Leader who has command of the most powerful Millitary in the world ans has a foreign policy that consists of but one phrase: "You're either with us or a'gin us."

Since when was Yosemite Sam an effective leader, policy maker or diplomat? Give me the Rabbit any day.