Spot the Errors!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Erasmus, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

If anyone remembers, I pointed out before how on this page upgrading the RAM from 512 to 1024 actually lowered the price. This has since been fixed, but just now (whether it was there before or no) I have noticed a bunch of glaring errors.

- The picture up the top. I'm pretty sure the writing under the screen says "MacBook" but unless there's something I missed, the Macbook definitely does not come in either 12 or 14 inch screen sizes. Maybe Steve will have a surprise for us come MWSF2007? :D

- What the hell is a "Country Kit"?

- Again, I'm pretty sure the Macbook has a 13.3" screen, not 12.0"

- The Macbook also has tri processors. Both a 1.83 C2D and for your Classic and Power PC needs, a dedicated 1.33Ghz G4! Clearly come MWSF2007 we will see the introduction of the first G5 PowerMacBook Pro with Dual 2.0 Ghz G5s, AND our 2.33 Ghz C2D's!!!

- No more integrated graphics! I'm sure the 32mb dedicated graphics card will make people very happy, even if it is painfully old.

- But Wait, there's More! You get not one, but TWO Combo Drives!!! A first for Apple laptops, and in their rock bottom entry level offering too! Maybe come MWSF2007 we will get Dual Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD and CD ÜberDrives in the mac pro, and FOUR in the 17"???

Both the 2Ghz WhiteBook and BlackBook pages are good, as far as I can tell, but I'm sure you'll agree that the 1.83 Ghz Macbook page is pretty disgraceful. We expect better maintenance from our favourite computer company. Having artefacts from computers that are almost a year old in modern pages is a problem Apple need to fix now.

Attached Files:

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

someone's been using Photoshop? If not, please post the valid link

3. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

um, doens't the webpage look like this?

it seems like your using photoshop, and it seems like a strange use of time :confused:

4. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

That's the way I see it.

5. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

even if these are errors why the hell are you posting them on MR? Do you want a job with apple as a proofreader or something? If this is the case I'd suggest sending them your resume instead of posting pointless threads.

6. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

Even sillier than the people who start pointless threads are the people who post to them. Like you. And me. :p

7. Erasmus thread starter macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Well, I thought you people might like a bit of a laugh. Apparently I was mistaken.

This has not been photoshopped. If I was going to photoshop something like this, you don't think I would have done something slightly, well, more believable?

http://store.apple.com/133-622/WebO...6814023/wo/9b1JYOBbgkaE2cBfU2CxzCPHcJv/5.?p=0

Australian education store.

How about a little bit of, well trust?

Hope the link works.

8. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I love australia. :)

9. Erasmus thread starter macrumors 68030

Erasmus

It's so true. :(

The small-big country that gets walked over by the big-big countries.

10. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

yes, um, that is an iBook, not a MacBook. im sorry but I don't get why claiming an iBook page screenshot is from the MacBook page is funny. Am I insane or something?

11. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

12. scott523 macrumors 6502a

13. Erasmus thread starter macrumors 68030

Erasmus

THANK YOU.

This is NOT an iBook page, if you note the fact that the bullet point feature list under the pricing in the box on the right hand side of the screen includes BOTH a Core 2 Duo Processor AND a PowerPC G4 Processor.

So to everyone who doubted my intentions... *blows large raspberry*

(So does this mean that the link I posted shows either correct information, or about iBooks to everyone else?)

14. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

It's just a glitch in the aussie website. It's too bad you delivered it badly starting with a screenshot and not the actual link. Would have been funnier that way. :)

15. Erasmus thread starter macrumors 68030

Erasmus

It seems I have a real talent for ruining jokes :rolleyes:

Just didn't think of posting the link :eek: