Spot the stupidities!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jalexster, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Jalexster macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2004
    Over time, I have seen some stupid things. Here is a good Mac related one.

Unfortunently, I couldn't find the other one. But it was an ad for a free Mac mini. It was good up until they crappily photoshopped a blue Apple logo onto it, for no apparent reason. Way to convince your victims, I mean customers.

Anyway, what extreme stupidities, Internet or otherwise, have you seen?
  2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    I'm personally fond of the pop-up that tries to fake being a Windows 85/98/2k era command line window, but has a silver click me to fix the problems button at the bottom of the page. :)

And, erm, if I didn't have adblock and pop-up blocking, I'd share lots more stupidities with you. But fortunately, I don't see them. :cool:
  3. Palomino macrumors member

Mar 6, 2005
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Replaces' "adware/spyware" with "itunes"
    God that program sucks the juice.

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Apart from being displayed on a Mac, which is stupid, and easily avoided, those ads are actually not so stupid. I've sat besides people (among them my father-in-law) who quite happily and without any thoughts as to what they were doing, clicked randomly on yes, no or the 'X' to make pop-ups (and the more sinister installation requests). If it looks like a Windows message they click it... :eek:

(This is one of the reasons that there now are a Mac mini on it's way to my father-in-law... ;))