Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NickyLanzz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
East Coast
As you can see by the title I am curious to see which of these music apps people use. Spotify or the default stock apple music app. After using the stock app for years I finally just started using spotify and getting premium. I love it by I always miss using the music app. Idk why, I love the star feature in spotify, the fact I can get any song and download it etc. But part of me still misses using the music app. If they ever added in a star feature like spotify I would hands down switch to the stock music app for sure! So what is your guys' opinions on this? Spotify or Apples music app?

Thanks.

--Nick

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I am currently trying out spotify because I was never really into music (much less itunes). My country doesn't yet have itunes radio either. I guess I would be indifferent between the two.

justinLONG

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
I been a spotify premium for about three years. love it.
and as OP mentioned, the offline mode is a nice feature for anyone with limited data.

kryptonkid07

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010
Houston, TX
I've been with Spotify Premium a little over a year now and I must say it's pretty fantastic.

I'm curious to try Rdio, but my fiancee and some friends and I collaborate on playlists, so, I think I'm sticking with it for now. I'd have to go and check out Rdio to see if there's any real differences.

I don't use the Music app aside from a few albums I always listen to, and some other albums I listen to a lot have a dedicated playlist on Spotify and I can go into offline mode when I need to.

SumYoungGai

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
Been with Spotify for over 2 years and I love it. Been a Premium member since I signed up.
The other day I tried Rdio but it didn't have the same songs that I had on Spotify or something, and it lagged a bit on my iPhone 5 so I went back.
Anyone else here think that the Spotify UI needs a major overhaul?

Last edited:

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Been with Spotify for over 2 years and I love it. Been a Premium member since I signed up.
The other day I tried Rdio but it didn't have the same songs that I had on Spotify or something, and it lagged the app lagged a bit on my iPhone 5 so I went back.
Anyone else here think that the Spotify UI needs a major overhaul?

It certainly does. The big now playing screen looks out of place and the app needs to conform to iOS 7. I think I read somewhere that an update is expected. Not sure when.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
As you can see by the title I am curious to see which of these music apps people use. Spotify or the default stock apple music app. After using the stock app for years I finally just started using spotify and getting premium. I love it by I always miss using the music app. Idk why, I love the star feature in spotify, the fact I can get any song and download it etc. But part of me still misses using the music app. If they ever added in a star feature like spotify I would hands down switch to the stock music app for sure! So what is your guys' opinions on this? Spotify or Apples music app?

Thanks.

--Nick

I used Spotify for awhile, its pretty amazing.

Then I realized I could recreate and finish off my iTunes playlists for like $50 and save the $120/yr subscription. So I did that

There's not more than about 30-40 worth getting songs a year, if that, coupled with iTunes Match. Still less than a Spotify Prem sub.

YMMV

vicsara

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2015
I been a spotify premium for about three years. love it.
and as OP mentioned, the offline mode is a nice feature for anyone with limited data.

switch to T Mobile like me where all the streaming is not counted in your data plan ........

nTrud3r

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2014
Ireland
switch to T Mobile like me where all the streaming is not counted in your data plan ........

Please pay attention to the date of the thread. It's over a year old.
OT: I use Spotify as I can't be bothered to download my music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.