Spotify to replace stock music app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Cody21, Feb 3, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

Cody21

Anyone here only use Spotify for music rather than put music on their phones with iTunes? I'm thinking about getting Spotify and clearing all my music off my iPhone to free up some space.

2. macrumors member

pokenguyen

I'm using Spotify free and I really like its radio. Listening to random stuff is quite amazing :D

3. macrumors regular

JKK photography

I have maybe two playlists (so roughly 1,000 songs) on my iPhone from iTunes. However, I keep my Spotify starred playlists downloaded, and various other playlists and the radio feature for streaming.

I love it. Absolutely worth the money. It's fantastic.

The app itself isn't amazing, but it works and is stable. It's just missing that design flair I love. :p I have had it have to redownload the starred playlists before for no apparent reason, but that isn't necessarily a dealbreaker.

4. macrumors 6502

lamerica80

Just try it for a month and see it you like it. You will.

I am never going back to mp3:s again since i started with Spotify.

5. macrumors member

I signed up for a free month by signing up with a credit card. As someone who needs music on his iPhone/iPad (I'm a drummer and use it while practicing), I think it's a great app. I can change which playlists I want without the hassle of syncing through iTunes. My iPad is wifi only so that allows me to stream what I want from my library. It's freed up at least 4-5gb on the iPad and even more on my phone.

You also have the option of radio similar to Pandora. I haven't found a bad thing about Spotify yet.

6. macrumors 68020

I have absolutely no downloaded music on my iPhone 5. Rather, I have a Rdio subscription and use that to stream songs and albums to and from work. That way, I don't have to worry about running out of space on my phone. All my downloaded music is on my iPod Touch which I currently keep at home to listen with my Bose Sounddock.

I think having a Spotify/Rdio, etc. subscription with the app on your phone is great. Especially for those of us who have a lot of downloaded music but only have 16GB iPhone's.

7. macrumors member

pokenguyen

Spotify to replace stock music app?

As long as you have internet connection, spotify is good to go

8. macrumors newbie

yeah,i think so,It's freed up at least 4-5gb on the iPad and even more on my phone. [​IMG]