Spotlight and Deleted Mail

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BWhaler, Jun 16, 2005.

1. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

For some reason, Spotlight is not finding queries in my deleted folder of my Mail.

I have tried force indexing the deleted folders, but it still does not work.

Does Spotlight not report from deleted mail?

Is anyone else having this problem?

If so, can any offer any suggestions.

The bugs in Spotlight are infuriating...

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I don't think it's a bug that Spotlight avoids the Deleted Messages in Mail. The old search function (in Mail 1.x) also avoided the Deleted Messages (unless you actually stood in that folder).

3. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

if all deleted messages were listed, the list would go on and on and on and on and on and.... ..... ..... on, you get the picture!

having said that, there should be a way of selecting deleted messages, in case you deleted a message and now want to read it again. anyone know how to do that?

4. BWhaler thread starter macrumors 68020

BWhaler

I guess that makes sense.

But then why does Spotlight find files in the trash?

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

My spotlight doesn't find stuff in the Trash. :confused:

I just tested with a brand new text file, with a couple of "rare" words in, that I made a copy of and threw one. It found the one deep in my ~/Documents folder immediately, but not the one in the Trash. Made a new copy and placed that on the Desktop, and it showed up instantly in Spotlight. Still no sign of the copy in the Trash.

But, Spotlight keeps finding files in Trash which was first found elsewhere and then trashed.