Spotlight - do I need to/can I re-index?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MadDoc, Apr 30, 2005.

1. MadDoc macrumors 6502

MadDoc

I installed Tiger yesterday under an erase and install.

Everything works fine except that spotlight is not searching the titles of any of my photos in iPhoto. Before the install, I burned my "iPhoto Library" folder to disk and then I dumped it in the "Pictures" folder. After the install, iPhoto 5 recognises the old library and shows my pictures but spotlight doesn't find any of them (unless I type their filename in).

What can I do. There is no way I can go through and individually add each file. I moved my old library out of the pictures folder and iPhoto built a new (empty) one. I then clicked "Add to library" and selected my old library. It painstakingly went through and added all the files. Problem is, spotlight is still not searching the titles. People on the Apple discussions forum seem to be able to search titles, why can't I? If I add a new photo and then change it's title - spotlight sees this file.

Is there a way to re-index my library? To be honest, I never had a message that it was being indexed in the first place (although it seems to find everything else).

MadDoc,

2. MadDoc thread starter macrumors 6502

MadDoc

Never mind,

I see this question has been answered.

Sorry.