Spotlight search word - link to Word Find

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OldManJimbo, Aug 7, 2006.

1. OldManJimbo macrumors 6502

OldManJimbo

When using Spotlihgt to find a document, is there a way to have the same search criteria applied to the FIND function in the Word document that opens?

Spotlight finds the documents, but finding the specific section requires a secondary search using FIND in the Word doc.

I realize Spotlight is a Mac feature and Word is a Microsoft app, so getting them to cooperate may be a pipe dream, but I'm wondering if perhaps I'm missing something becuase this seems like a logical feature.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It would be nice but it's really up to Microsoft and since Word (along with the rest of Office) is a carbon app, it'd be difficult to implement. Therefore, I can't see Microsoft doing it. There might be a third party option, but none come to mind. Sorry. :eek:

3. OldManJimbo thread starter macrumors 6502

OldManJimbo

Well - at least it is not something that everyone else knew about and I didn't - I hate when that happens. Sounds like a good project for someone who knows how to write scripts - I don't.

Say, MadJew - in what part of Australia do you live? I spent two short weeks along the coast from Brisbane to Bunderburg in 2001. Loved it and am looking forward to a return trip in about a year when my daughter takes an internship at ABC in Sydney.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Daughter, eh? :p

I fritter about between Adelaide, Perth and Sydney. Gimme a yell if you (or your daughter) head back and want a semi-friendly face for a beer. :cool: