Sprang and ordered a new Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by btgordon, Oct 9, 2006.

1. btgordon macrumors member

Hey Guys-

I just went for it, and pulled the trigger on a new stock 2.16 ghz 15 inch MBP. I am going to college next year, so before I go I am going to sell this one and buy the latest and greatest then.

I have to say, now that I have done this it feels like a weight is off of my shoulders. I only wish I had done it sooner, but certain things in my life were forcing me to have a mobile computer solution.

It ships this friday, and gets here a week after that, according to apple. Pictures of the unpacking for sure!

2. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

3. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yes it is.

even though i would have waited at least one more day. but oh well, you'll have plenty of fun with the new machine. congrats!:cool:

4. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

5. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Congratrualtions!

You've joined many who have thrown caution to the wind and caved completely! :D

6. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

7. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Enjoy! You will LOVE it :D Mine is my best computer ever by far

8. Kenya macrumors regular

Kenya

Congratlations. I recently bought a stock MBP 2.0 (glossy) and I LOVE it! I wanted to take pics of the unpacking too but I just couldn't wait. Have fun!

9. btgordon thread starter macrumors member

Will do. Now I still have to wait until the 20th, so says the site, but its better than waiting indefinetly!

10. jTreu macrumors 6502

11. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Congrats and enjoy your MacBook Pro when it arrives, I absolutely love mine. :)

12. wchong macrumors 6502

enjoy! i took the plunge on the CTO 24" iMac on sunday. going to receive it this thursday!

13. btgordon thread starter macrumors member

This will also be my first mac, anyone have some good links talking about the features of OSX, or anything that may be useful to a switcher? It would be nice to know the capabilities of this new OS which everyone keeps espousing.

14. btgordon thread starter macrumors member

Looks like it will be here this friday, a week early! Apple was way conservative.

15. generik macrumors 601

generik

It is very appliance-like. In the sense you do not have to fiddle with it like you do with a computer. It is all just drag and drop for installing applications, and configuring options that are only presented to you through the GUI.

If you need more out of the computer you are stuffed though, but on the go it is a very good OS since people don't fiddle all that much on laptops :cool:

16. ToastMaster macrumors regular

ToastMaster

I've done it too. I posted a thread in the Macbook/MBP category about my dilemma between getting a Macbook Pro and an HP notebook:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=241581

I just said: the hell with it. I want a nice laptop, and it's on the way. I don't think that I'll put unpack pix because I'm not that patient...