Spraypainting Klipsch Speakers?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by KevRC4130, Jul 29, 2004.

1. KevRC4130 macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

Alright, this is probably a crazy concept to most of you, but what do you think about painting the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX silver, to match my Powerbook? I know it's kind of stupid, but I have this snazzy silver blinged out computer, and it just doesn't feel right to have plain, ugly, black things next to it. If I do it, I will of course be careful using masking tape to make sure I dont mess up any of the electronics, and I wont paint the speaker itself (or could I?). I am planning on painting the casing of the satellites, and the subwoofer, and keeping the grills black (because painting them will screw it up?). How does this plan sound? Is spray paint my best choice for paint? Is there any reason why I definatly should not try this?

One more thing, if I buy the speakers, they will probably be off ebay, where I can hopefully get them for under $50, so it wont be a huge loss.

Thanks

2. Whigga Spitta macrumors 6502

just sell them and get the newer GMX-A 2.1s, they match the powerbook quite nicely...

3. KevRC4130 thread starter macrumors 6502

Urgh, these would be PERFECT if they didnt have the damn Star Wars logo and the jacked up pricing.... As for the GMX, I think those are incredibly ugly, plus I'd prefer the higher end THX model.

[​IMG]