Spreading the Mac love

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dontmakemehurtu, Feb 21, 2004.

1. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

A wee bit sparse on content, but I liked your webpages. I had seen the Macintosh 87 and Titanic mockups before, but I was quite tickled with the Windows Mfe picture. Since you said it was only the first portion of your site, I think it is a good start!

2. FatSweatyChimp macrumors member

Re: Spreading the Mac love

Yes. I recommended an eMac.

I had some apologizing to do when the raster shift problem occurred though...

3. Doraemon macrumors 6502

I convinced 5 friends of mine to switch. 3 got an iBook, one an used PM 5500 and one a PowerMac G4.

4. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

I convinced my girlfriend to get an iBook for college, now we just have to sway her parents away from the dell desktop ( :rolleyes: ) they want her to get. I hate it when people get Dells just because they don't feel like researching their purchace. Anywho, we have about another year and a half... it'll happen.

5. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

I tried to get one of my teachers to get the new iMac right after it came out in 2002. I failed miserably, he got a dell...:mad:

6. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

A buddy of mine is a 3d artist like myself, and we actually have worked together different times with different studios. A one time Mac-hater now is pretty much bent on getting a G5 when the 3ghz come out in August. His home built AMD PC is constantly crashing and reporting errors, etc due to frequent internet use (ie, viruses) and lack of taking care of his HD.

Now of course, Macs need TLC to keep them from freaking out as well, but probably about 90% less than the windows world. He's seen me use Apple (and PC's, I admit) for years, and notices how I rarely run into any hardware or system software problems.