Spreading the Truth

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by dgh1981, Aug 19, 2005.

1. dgh1981 macrumors newbie

Jul 28, 2005
    Waynesboro, Pa
    Hey guys! I'm sitting here at my local coffee shop with my 2 day old iBook 12"! I'm loving this! There weren't many coffee shops in my local area for a long time and now two new ones with free wireless Internet have opened within the last 3 months! It was meant to be! :D

I brought my new toy to work and was showing it off to all of the Windows Zealots. I thought i had one girl convinced about buying a new iBook for college, but then i find out she bought a Dell because her college had like a $400 discount for them. She told me she still paid like $1,300 and i said she could have gotten the iBook for less than that! When will they learn?

I've also been reaping the benefits of the Mac to everyone. I always hear the familiar arguments; you know, can't find software, I need Office, they're more expensive, etc. I've been trying to preach to everyone the truth but its hard digging through those thick skulls.

I'm going to keep up the good fight though! The funny thing about all of this is that I'm a network administrator for an almost all Windows 2000/2003 network including Citrix, etc. Haven't been able to convince the bosses yet about bringing Mac's into the org, maybe one of these days. I'll keep up the preaching!

Until then I'll keep enjoying my Macs at home and now on the road and laugh as the Windows people are getting the Zotab worm. Go Apple! :D
  2. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005