Spring Assignment Ideas?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jayb2000, Mar 14, 2007.

1. jayb2000 macrumors 6502a

jayb2000

I did not see any new threads on this, and I hope I am not stepping on toes, but how about a new assignment?

I supposed the stereotypical thing would be "spring" but how about we come up with a some ideas, then we can take a poll and go?

(edit)
    OK, so lets make this the official Ideas thread. We can leave it open until March 27th and then 4 days to vote so we can start on April 1st.

Sound good?

2. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

I would have thought that would have been loads of interest in a new assignment.

Spring is a good choice

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I noticed that an assignment thread was missing. I didn't bother starting another thread because I once tried this when Applespider seemed to have forgotten to start one up for the month, and despite trying to make sure the rules were followed (rules that we all came up with together), I was blamed for dictating how things were done. Hardly seems fair.

If you want to start up an assignment thread (ie: one thread for assignment topic ideas, one for voting, and 2 threads for the assignment itself, then be my guest).

4. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Hm, looks as though the "assignment" concept has died a natural death.... I think a lot of people are choosing to post in the POTD thread or maybe they start a thread around some particular topic and people add their photos to that. Do we want to start up a new assignment, see what happens?

Applespider, where are you?

5. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Spring Assignment: BIRTH / REBIRTH

An image that speaks of birth or rebirth in the cycle of life, that which Spring most clearly embodies.

Good luck.

6. b0tt094 macrumors 6502

b0tt094

although the potd thread is huge i still think we need assignment ones because I like to keep an eye out for those instead of just a collection of random pictures.

Its a nice way to compare and contrast styles on a base level

7. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I liked the assignment thread because I am very new at photography and I learn alot from other's interpretations and expression of the topics. Does anyone know applespider well enough to pm her and ask if it's been dropped for a reason? The assignment thread is one that really kept me coming back when I was a new member, too.:)

8. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i already have a bunch of eligible pics if that's the case...

9. jayb2000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jayb2000

Another thought would be Emergence or Emerging

intr.v. e·merged, e·merg·ing, e·merg·es
    1. To rise from or as if from immersion: Sea mammals must emerge periodically to breathe.
    2. To come forth from obscurity: new leaders who may emerge.
    3. To become evident: The truth emerged at the inquest.
    4. To come into existence. See Synonyms at appear.

verb

1. To come into view: appear, issue, loom, materialize, show. Idioms: make (or put in) an appearance, meet the eye. See see
    2. To begin to appear or develop: appear, arise, commence, dawn, originate. See start

10. Georgie macrumors member

Self Portraiture

How about self portraits? A la JPEG magazine. Check out this link, and flip to page 72.

http://jpgmag.com/issues/7

11. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

That seems like an appropriate topic for Spring.:)