Spring Break '05

Discussion in 'Community' started by PlaceofDis, Mar 14, 2005.

1. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well its coming to that time of year again for us college students....
    i am on spring break this week, i know most schools around here are actually off next week for S.B.

so anyone have anything exciting planned? or are you just bumming around being a lazya** like me?

ill be spending a lot of time sleeping, posting here on MR

might even end up doing some cleaning and homework if i can muster up the energy for it, now if the weather was actually nice i would probably be a bit more active this year...

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I'm taking some time off over Easter and will be having a massive spring clean and my annual purge of accumulated junk, old clothes etc.

I'm also planning a huge clean-up of the Mac with a possible clean reinstall on a new hard-drive. My desktop is a complete mess and I should burn some DVDs of archived work.

I'd also like to catch up on some movies and some reading as well as hanging out here with you guys. :)

3. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

Going to TJ aka Tijuana, Mexico for you foreign folks and maybe rosarito later on in the week of spring break which is next week for me. :)

4. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I'll be working on an overdue paper! Mmmm. Russian minorities in the Blatics. So much fun.

5. brap macrumors 68000

Hmm... easter holidays, yeah, I'll be writing my dissertation :(
    Milo: wanna swap? I got the transition from artisan-style to neo-Palladian architecture in 16th century England. Fun for all the family.

Really f'n hard core! I might even do some gardening... I also have a hairbrained scheme which will see my baby Lian-Li watercooled... mmm, custom soldered copper tubing...

Everyone else is going home, but I'm too antisocial/far behind at work to make the trip :rolleyes:

6. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Easter hols..? I'm off to LA.. :D

And getting my PowerBook while I'm there! ;)

7. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Hope that you like your PowerBook Jack!!! :) Don't wander too far into South Central now...;)

I am just going to hang round the house and write all the English papers that have been backing up on my desk...

Would probably hit up SXSW, but I couldn't get tickets...:(

8. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

9. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Lil newb....that was a good one Jack...:p

Crazy lil kid... :rolleyes:

10. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

11. diddy macrumors 6502

Im going to Boston to see my mother, but then Ill be home for a week or so. Home is Las Vegas and I just turned 21.

12. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    hitting up the east coast to visit friends from hgh school 1 month of travel around the east coast woo hoo :D

13. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Skiing in Snowshoe, WV. Five feet of snow in the last two weeks!

14. emw macrumors G4

emw

We're headed off to the Florida Keys for a few days to get out of this crappy Chicago weather. Although we did make it up to 36°F today :rolleyes:

15. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Home to write essays for med school, fellowships, and scholarships. Also, to write (hopefully) policy papers and opinion pieces about certain political issues (particularly, physicians' conscience laws) for distribution, if anyone wants them. Also, to plan a campaign for student body president.

16. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

36°F ? WOW, and im complainig when it dips down to like 45 here in L.A. :)

17. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I know what you mean. Its been darn cold here, too. I almost slipped and fell on the ice 3 times this week. This past weekend we had a lovely snow/rain storm (i.e. slush storm).

18. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

To be fair, last Sunday was AWESOME weather.

19. PlaceofDis thread starter macrumors Core

yes it was!! now only if it would stay like that for a change!! darn it!

but then i wouldnt do my work because its nice out, better than being lazy and sleepy all the time i suppose

20. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

To be honest, it's probably a good thing...We have finals right now--the temptation to go outside and play would not be welcome. Ahh, by Friday, I'll be in North Carolina.

21. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

I am going to hawaii this year... I have never been before and i am kinda excited!

kyle

22. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I'm home. I lack any sort of cash whatsoever to have any real traveling planned. And I would have stayed up at college if I could, but my parents would have cried and I couldn't handle that.

So I'll probably stay at home and game. Though someone suggested that I start a garden. Dunno what'd grow in a week though.

23. Nanda Devi macrumors regular

Not exactly spring break, but my first trip for the season (I've got three week-long trips planned between now and Sept.) is coming up in May. I'm going to Canyonlands in Utah. My first time there, I can't wait! A little bit worried about the wildlife though (snakes, scorpions, etc.).

24. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

home, to new jersey, to work as a substitute for a week...fun? not so much, lucrative? quite so.

25. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

I will be in DC with my cousin from Wednesday to Sunday night, then back to school :mad: