Spring Break!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CubaTBird, Mar 24, 2006.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

so who here has spring break off this week? i do! one full week off! im so freakin' excited because today i had three midterms, in a row!:( :eek: but i think i did well on them and stuff.. what will i be doing over spring break? i have no idea... seems to be the common answer around my campus.. what about everyone else on here?:eek:

2. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

My Spring Break ends this weekend. I've been spending the week in Seattle visiting a friend.

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

My kids are out! I've been on a long-term sub teaching position at the local middle school. Let's just say I've been on a long-term prison guard assignment. It's mostly discipline at the school. So I'm on a break as well!

Not really going anywhere, as much as we want to. I want to go to the Apple Store in Memphis to get my kids an iMac or Man Mini. That would be a fun road trip!

4. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

5. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Reading week was in February for all of my friends, except one, who goes to DePaul and he had his 'Spring Break' last week.

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I've been on spring break since the 8th....8-29th of march. :D

7. steelphantom macrumors 6502a

steelphantom

THREE WEEKS? :eek: I might have to enroll at your University next year! My Spring break was from March 4 - 12. Kind of early, but I like the fact that it's midway through the Spring semester.

8. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

i have just finished packing my room up...... all that's left on my desk is my powerbook:D

i am about to commence 4 weeks off, 1 of which i will spend renewing my lifeguard qualification, and the rest will be spent relaxing/ doing coursework.

S

9. Lau Guest

For the benefit of clueless Brits like myself, what is the whole spring break thing all about? British students get a 3 week Easter holiday (or a 2 week holiday if you're at school) and it's all very good and nice - you get time off and work or relax depending on your situation. Then I saw Family Guy a while back and Spring Break seemed like a big thing in the US, i.e. more than a holiday. So what does Spring Break entail in the US?

10. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Eh, just a time to spend hanging out at home or to go on a trip, probs most commonly to the beach.
    It's sort of a big time for a lot of people to go to the beach, etc.... almost a preview to summer. :cool:
    So, a big deal to a lot of people. Especially college kids. Who like to go to Cancun. A lot. B/c you only have to be 18 to drink there. :rolleyes:

11. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Last day of mine is on Monday... been off the whole past week and the Friday before.
    Just been hanging at home, but it's been fun. Hung out w/ a lot of friends, etc, and just regrouped.:cool:

EDIT: Smileys are on. Wtf? Why does it just say ":cool:"?

12. Lau Guest

Any event that involves going to the beach and drinking is good as far as I'm concerned. The idea of half a continent going to the beach and drinking makes sense that spring break is a big deal....:D Thanks amateurmacfreak.

<wanders off in the vague direction of the beach>

13. MacFan782040 macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

I went to Orlando with a bunch of friends for Spring Break, which was last week. We had 10 days off.

[​IMG]

14. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Ah, yes, the Tower of Terror. Rode it so many freaking times with my friend when we went last summer. And her brother. :) *smacks head* I did not just say that.

15. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

I'm on my way home for spring break right now. It's a six hour drive. I just stopped in to eat at Schlotzky's Deli and they have iMacs with internet!! I might be staying here longer than I intended. :)

16. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Wow. :eek: That's awesome. Go Schlotzy's! Is it free??:confused:

17. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Week off next week. Lousy finals. Last quarter after though!

18. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Same here. SPent most of it working, about two hours on Friday cooking, then a few hours that night drinking. :D
    Personally, I don't understand why everyone goes to Cancun, especially from New England. Montreal is closer, has the same drinking age as Mexico, and has safer water.

19. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

I think it's becuase you have a period next to it like this: "regrouped.:cool:" try "regrouped. :cool:"

EDIT: OK, nevermind. haha.

20. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

Yeah, it was completely free. I had to show someone how to use Safari, but they liked it once they figured out how to close new windows. They thought the macs were really sleek.

21. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

warmth
    sun
    beach
    bikini
    skin
    ruthlessness

22. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

What is there to show?? Haha.
    Glad they liked it. Much better than the uber-fugly IE.
    Don't ya love helping idiots w/ Mac stuff??:D :rolleyes:
    I mean, it's fun. They're nice. Just clueless. Haha. :)