Spring EDU Promo - $100 Off!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Etrain, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etrain macrumors 6502

Etrain

I picked up a flyer this afternoon at school for $100 off a EDU purchase of qualifying purchases. The discount is available for computer pruchases excluding eMacs and Mac minis. You can still use the normal EDU discount too as this is a rebate.

Check out all the details at apple.com/go/savenow :D

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Good find!
    I should use it for my mom's imac that I am buying for mother's day.

hrmmm but maybe I can't do that in store. :(

3. Etrain thread starter macrumors 6502

Etrain

It says on the site you can use it for any purchase from May 2 - June 25. Purchase can be made at the Apple online store, Apple retail store or Campus stores.

4. volntitan macrumors 6502

I have a ibook coming today for my daughter...she is going to a college program this summer for 6 weeks. I bought it from PowerMax...would I qualify for this rebate?

5. BKKloppenborg macrumors regular

i saw that the other day thats sooo nice it helps me out alot, seems like when i call Apple they don't know about it though lol wired... "What 100 dollers education student mail in rebate?"

6. sk8erboy macrumors regular

is this one of those deals where anyone can become a college student.. ??
    or do i have to put down my college cousin's name to get this -100 off my bill??

7. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

8. BKKloppenborg macrumors regular

you have to be going to college...

9. brandon6684 Guest

If you're not a student, you can get a refurbished 1.6GHz iMac G5 for $899 or the 1.8 GHz(17in) for $999. I'm seriosly thinking of getting one of these(the 1.8 17 in with superdrive for $999 to be exact) since the savings would be substantial considering how tight money is for a new computer, although the thought of 128MB of VRAM is very tempting and may last me an extra OS update.

10. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

You need to prove it

You have to prove that you're a college student. When you go the the Apple store, you need to show a valid College ID

11. Not So New Guy macrumors newbie

Thanks for the excellent find! I bought the rev B 20" iMac for my son heading off to college in the fall. Apple had no problem giving me (dad) the edu discount. Fingers crossed that the additional $100 rebate works as well. I've printed the form and will clip the UPC once the box arrives, hopefully next week...

:)

12. sigamy macrumors 65816

I'm going to buy my neice an iMac for college. Can I use my credit card but her college ID to get the standard EDU discount and this $100 rebate?

13. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

Yeah, I don't think that will be a problem

14. Etrain thread starter macrumors 6502

Etrain

No problem at all! I was happy I found it and glad to share.

15. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

16. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Nope. That's one weakness of the Apple edu program, compared to companies like Adobe who include high school.

17. jer446 macrumors 6502a

what about teachers? They are included right?

18. toezter macrumors regular

toezter

ahahahaha, SWEEETT!!!!! i NEED MONE!Y

oh wow, thank you so much. i'll probly end up using the money towards beer :) and i JUST bought a powerbook a couple days ago, sweetness.

oh wow, just...wow $100 is a lot to me now since i'm down $1500 :p

19. finalcoolman macrumors 6502

20. mcgarry macrumors 6502a

mcgarry

Yes, K-12 teachers are included, but not students. This information is all on Apple's website. Just click on "Store" then "Education" and you'll find it before too long.

21. TreeHugger macrumors 6502

Great find! My gf will be really happy about this because she wants an ibook for college to replace her old imac.
    Just one question, is there a reason why that many adults are getting their kids desktop macs instead of a laptop for college? I'm only asking because I really appreciate the versatility of my laptop and can pretty much work anywhere, and don't have to be stuck in my room or a computer lab and can always find a quiet place to work.

22. sk8erboy macrumors regular

desktops are cheaper?

23. TreeHugger macrumors 6502

yeah, but I feel like the extra portability and versatility is so worth it. Don't get me wrong, I know a couple of people with desktops at my school that seem to be perfectly fine with having a desktop, but I also know a lot of people with desktops who after coming to college would prefer to have a laptop.

24. BKKloppenborg macrumors regular

true you guys are lucky my parents "Promised me" to pay for 400 dollers for my laptop and i pay the rest but then they decided not to.. Gay o well i have had to pay for Both of my Laptops (I mean Pay for Toshiba and man already thinking about mac lol soon to pay for that myself to)

Laptops are so much nicer i like to take it to school and do homework and other things at the libary since they have wireless their now FINALLY after 1 freaking year...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.