Sprint Launches Less Expensive Unlimited Plans with Lifetime Service Guarantee

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 11, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sprint today announced new two new mobile plans, both of which come with a new Unlimited Guarantee, ensuring unlimited talk, text, and data on the Sprint Network for the life of the cellular line.

Sprint's guarantee applies to new and existing customers who choose to sign up for the "Unlimited, My Way" plan or the "My All-in" plan. The Unlimited, My Way plan offers customers unlimited usage for $80 per month for a single line, though additional lines (up to 10) can be added with a tiered fee that decreases based on how many lines are added. For example, a single phone with unlimited everything costs $80 under the new plan, but four phones will cost $260, or $65 each.
    Sprint's My All-in plan offers unlimited talk, text, and data plus 5GB of mobile hotspot usage for $110. With both plans, customers are guaranteed to have access to unlimited talk, text, and data for the lifetime of the line.

Previously, Sprint's individual unlimited talk, text, and data plan was priced at $109.99, so the change marks a significant discount. The pricing shift comes just a day after T-Mobile announced its new "Jump" phone upgrade program, which allows T-Mobile customers to upgrade their phones as often as twice per year.

According to Sprint, its customers save $240 per year over Verizon customers, and $120 per year over AT&T and T-Mobile customers. Sprint's new plans will be available beginning on July 12, and its new guarantee will go into effect on the same day.

Article Link: Sprint Launches Less Expensive Unlimited Plans with Lifetime Service Guarantee

2. macrumors 68000

nepalisherpa

Get slow internet for life! :D

3. macrumors regular

VolceOntra

How can they justify the 100% price different between them and T-Mobile (four lines)?

4. macrumors 6502a

OMG, thats a heck of a deal!

Oh wait....

It's Sprint. Meh. next please.

5. monkor, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013

macrumors regular

I love competition.

'Murica (and anywhere else that loves competition)

6. macrumors member

Sad to see what Sprint has become these days.

However, I do not know 1 person with Sprint who likes their service. I have more trouble with undelivered texts and calls not ringing through to the phone with Sprint customers than anyone else.

I used to think it was just a local issue (when I lived in TX) … now I live in OK and the problems are the same. Unlimited service is useless if the phone won't work.

7. macrumors 603

ArtOfWarfare

It's good to see competition between carriers. Maybe some day there will be a carrier that doesn't screw the customer over.

8. macrumors regular

What I love about plans like this is it starts to reshape the industry. Over time, the other Networks (at&t & verizon) have to start being more competitive. They may not offer the same plans, but they typically offer more aggressive plans to give customers pause before seriously considering moving over to sprint.

9. macrumors newbie

Not sure if Im missing something...
    $80 for my way plan - unlimited calls, txts- $50, unlimited data $30.
    or all in plan for $110 - unlimited calls texts and data......
    Arent both plans the same..?

10. Contributor

iPhonemaster5S

Well this isn't particularly great because its Sprint....but I hope it will inspire competition and maybe one day we might see prices/cool extras that reflect european carriers.

11. macrumors member

I live in rural western pennsylvania and when I first got Sprint (ten years ago) I had 128kbps internet which was much faster than our home dial up. Now Sprint users here are lucky if they can load anything over data. And if it rains (at all) service (voice and data) goes down.

12. macrumors 68020

Taz Mangus

Exactly. Fool me once...

13. macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

T-Mobile offers the same plan for $70 vs Sprints $110.

Is sprint guaranteeing high speed data?

14. macrumors newbie

how exciting. considering sprint already can't even hold me over in between wifi hot spots. thank god my contract is up in a few months

15. macrumors regular

I must be missing something. I get unlimited data, text, and calls right now for $79.99....not to mention a 23% company discount through my employer.

So not understanding this $80 new plan?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I only get 450 minutes, but free mobile-to-mobile and nights/weekends, so I never even get close to it.

16. macrumors 68020

I am hoping recent Sprint and T-Mobile moves will trigger AT&T and Verizon to sweeten their deals. I am on AT&T and (1) smartphones should be charged the same $30 it charges for each basic & messaging phones and (2) computers should be charged the same $10 it charges for each tablets.

17. macrumors 68020

jclardy

So 5GB of mobile hotspot data is $30? No thanks.

I understand limiting tethering...but at least give out 500MB or something with your normal "unlimited" plan.

I am really considering the jump to T-Mobile when my AT&T contract expires in a few months.

18. macrumors 6502a

They act like it's some "customer's choice" thing, but unless the market price of cellular data is going down, they're only moving around in circles.

19. macrumors regular

$10 per month for 1GB of tethering. What is 1GB going to do?

20. macrumors 6502a

If you're getting unlimited without any tricks (secret throttling, hidden fees, etc), you're only screwing yourself over if you don't like the price. I think Sprint's trick is having a terribly slow network in most places.

21. macrumors 65816

oneMadRssn

Most complicated pricing structure ever!

Seriously, I should not have needed to bust out my TI-83 to figure out how much it would cost out 5-line (2 smartphones, 3 dumbphones) to switch to this plan.

If my hugely complicated calculations are correct, this actually costs more than our existing 1500-minute plan.

22. macrumors P6

twoodcc

i may consider this when LTE is in my area

23. macrumors 68030

TallManNY

Ugh, unlimited one price for everyone is a terrible idea. No business should ever give away an unlimited amount of its services. Eventually the high users will flood to your services and tax your product, while the discerning users will go al la carte and buy from your competitor.

Now Sprint has made a promise to lock itself in forever to this business decision. Stupid.

I used to use Sprint. It was cheap and the quality in NYC was decent. But that was a long time ago. This is a sad desperation move.

24. macrumors regular

praterkeith

Finally got LTE in my area and its a whopping 4mbps most times of the day. Pshhh please Sprint. Gonna have to do better than this to keep me when my contract is up.

25. macrumors 65816

oneMadRssn

That has been one of the selling points of Sprint I thought: unlimited mobile-to-mobile and unlimited nights/weekends starting at 7pm means that the only minutes that count are calls to a landline during a weekday morning/afternoon. That's practically unlimited calling for 95% of us.