Sprint wireless customers: new discounts on your bill?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bousozoku, Feb 7, 2007.

1. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    I noticed that my bill was lower than usual, stunningly low.

I was already getting a Nationwide Volume Discount because I originally got service through my company. The discount has increased this month, for whatever reason.

However, I also noticed Sprint Employee Value Program on my bill that's never been there in the past. I'm unaware of anyone I know being a Sprint employee and I haven't made any calls to customer service about it. I've seen some talk about how to convince customer service into giving you the discount but I never paid much attention to it because I don't try to do those things.

Is my situation unique?
  2. ezzie macrumors 68020

Sep 7, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    when my husband and i got our new phones, we were asked where we worked, because apparently they're giving discounts if you work for certain companies and agencies. perhaps that's what the discount on your bill is?

as far as sprint billing in general, we have yet to have a bill since the new phones that has been what we thought it would be. there are extra charges one month, huge discounts the next (to the point where we have no balance due), then the next month the bill is double what it should be.

i love their service, but dang. :rolleyes: it's enough to drive a person mad!
  3. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    They're constantly changing things, but my bills have been stable except for those times when changing phones.

I was surprised to see new plans again.

I changed to a Fair and Flexible plan back in July 2006 when I got the new phone. They upped the overage minutes from $0.10 to $0.20 since then.

Now, they have new plans called "Power Pack" and "Free Incoming" and "Basic" but the overage minutes are now $0.45 which is worse than the $0.40 I had on my old "Free and Clear" plan from 2000-2006.

They were the cheapest carrier for a while but apparently they're changing because business isn't that good.

Another thing, I noticed that they had coverage maps concerning Sprint Nextel PowerSource, which apparently includes Nextel walkie-talkie service and various Sprint services. Sprint already had Ready Link walkie-talkie service prior to merging with Nextel.

It should be interesting how this all plays out.