SPSS output looking strange in word / powerpoint

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PickledSquirrel, Mar 21, 2006.

1. PickledSquirrel macrumors regular

PickledSquirrel

Hi there. For some reason SPSS tables go all weird when inserted in word /powerpoint... When I paste them myself, there's no problem, but when opening other peoples (PC-users) documents (IE teachers notes for a lecture) they're all screwed. Anyone out there knows a cure?

Thanx

-squirrel

Attached Files:

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You need to think about your question. You are asking us to cure files submitted to you by anonymous third-parties who are using SPSS on Windows to generate PDFs. Really, really think hard about that one.

3. PickledSquirrel thread starter macrumors regular

PickledSquirrel

Me no understand:confused: :confused: :confused:
    We use SPSS in school (social science) and my teachers and teammates create notes in word and powerpoint, occasionally using spss-tables. I just have problems displaying theirs correctly... :confused: :confused: :confused:

-Squirrel

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Exchanging vector graphics between Windows and the Mac can be problematic. PDF improves the situation, but it is not a perfect solution. Have your little classmates send you the SPSS original files, including tables tables and graphs. You can then export them directly from your installation of SPSS using your fonts and what not.

5. PickledSquirrel thread starter macrumors regular

PickledSquirrel

thanks for the advice. I'll ask my little classmates that:). Didn't know there was a compatibility issue with vector graphics. Have never encoutered any before this. Thought all that belonged to the old 9.x days where we couldn't read one anothers word-files.:eek:

-squirrel