Spy Movie Opening Sequences?

Discussion in 'Community' started by hotwire132002, Sep 15, 2004.

1. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Hey, I'm working on my latest short (a spy genre spoof)--and I'd like to get some ideas for the opening sequence. I want to take a peek at the opening sequences for a couple spy movies--particularly James Bond and Mission Impossible (sadly, I haven't seen any James Bond or Mission Impossible films yet!) Anywhere I can view those online (legally, of course)? Otherwise, it's a trip to Blockbuster.

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I think that Blockbuster, or maybe a friends house is going to be the only place since you are concerned with legality.

I unfortunately don't own any of the James Bond series. I did however just purchase the Mission Impossible DVD, and I would be willing to rip the opening sequence, encoding it nice and small and iChat it at you. PM me.

3. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I'd also look at the opening sequence of the Matrix (the first one, duh... ;)).

That is one of the best opening scenes ever, and Trinity is kind of spying too.

scem0

4. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

look at weird al's video spy hard. you can watch it on launch(or not lol if ur on a mac i think). it's a spy spoof from 10ish years ago iirc

5. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Thanks for the help. I figured it'd be tough to get the clip legally, and as a director, I'm BIG TIME against video/music/ANY piracy! I guess it's a trip to Blockbuster tomorrow...

6. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Is there any way to watch Launch on a Mac? I haven't figured it out, but I remember from back when I had a PC on the side that I couldn't get it to work...

EDIT: I figured it all out. Spy Hard's open is great (I'm a huge Weird Al fan, so I'm probably biased), but not what I'm looking for. I'd like to do a spoof of the classic James Bond circle-thingy (as seen in a flash animation here ). I get a pretty good idea from the Flash, but I was hoping for a Quicktime. Ahh, well. Time to put Motion to work!