Spyhunter is on Mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by iJon, Mar 2, 2003.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

OK, i looked the site and I looked at Aspyr's site to make sure I wan't posting old new. So if this is old news dont make fun of me ok. I was look through my PC Gamer and there was an ad for SpyHunter. It had the PC logo, the Mac logo, and the Aspyr logo. Just thought you guys might want to know that.

iJon

2. job macrumors 68040

job

Is this the Spy Hunter you are talking about?

It seems like a normal 3D drive 'n shoot.

Attached Files:

3. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

yep thats it and it's coming to Mac.

iJon

4. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I want to get a copy of the old Spy Hunter. I think I had it for the C-64. That game was a blast. :)

Feeling old.......

5. Das macrumors regular

That reminds me, I need to pick up a copy of it for the PS2. It's like 8 bucks now and as I remember was pretty cool. Anyhoo, cool that it's coming to the mac.

6. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

I need to up grade my Mac.

I just ran into the old coin-op version at some roadside dive.
    I plugged a few bucks into it. I still love hearing that poorly synthesized music though those speakers.

7. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

the only way to play spy hunter on mac is through macmame.

Attached Files:

8. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

looks pretty good. (is this the game that was first made for the dreamcast?)

9. Das macrumors regular

taeclee99, you need a few more things in your dock, I didn't know that many programs existed =D Anyhoo, there's still an original Spy Hunter at our Pizza place. I think they increased the difficulty because I'm sure I didn't suck as bad at it as I do now..no really!

Jaykay, it came to the PS2 first then was ported to the GC and Xbox. Both weren't as good as the PS2 game because of slowdown. Ironic since the PS2 is the weakest powered machine.

10. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

Hmmm

Actually im pretty sure it came out on the GC first because it came out just after MGS2 (like it was ever going to compete with that). I think they held off on it on the PS2 because MGS2 was released at that time.

Also, i think it was originally published by Sega (one of my favourite companies in the world... after Apple of course)

11. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

Re: Hmmm

I meant to say DC (Dreamcast)

12. Das macrumors regular

Nope, the DC was on its last legs and dressed for burial*sniff* poor lil guy...anyhoo, it was released on the PS2 9/24/2001 by Midway, then it was ported to the Xbox and GC on 3/11/2002. If you want to see how it scored, they still have the review up at IGN .

Speaking of which, has anyone tried playing an online game on the DC lately? I'm wondering if the Quake 3 servers are still up and running. For some odd reason, that game was more fun on the DC than on the PC mainly because of no cheaters and the limited number of people online.

13. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

I must have it mixed up with another game, but it souded like that.. oh well, thanks.

14. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Thanks for the heads up on macmame. It is like reliving my childhood. :)

15. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Just a little note spyhunter will be released for pc and mac by aspyr? very interesting you might say.

16. MorganX macrumors 6502a

MorganX

Re: Spyhunter is on Mac

I waited months for this. The XBox port was crap. Dark graphics, and no better than they were on the PS2. If this plays well on {the} 1GHz iMac, it will be the only PC game I play.

Here's to hoping for a good port.

17. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I used to play Spyhunter on an arcade machine in a Bowling alley turned pizza place. I think I also had it on a console. Atari 7800 anyone? :)

Maybe we should have covers of all the old arcade games for Mac. How about 320x200 and 16 colours?