Spymac clams Safari, Mail and iChat to be packaged for $30

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by iconrad, Feb 12, 2003.

1. iconrad macrumors member

Dec 8, 2002
    Canonsburg, PA
    Quoted form Spymac

Apple's new iLife package will not be the first group of products to be clustered together and sold for a low price, one previously reliable source claims.

According to our tipster, Apple plans to squash together Safari, Mail and iChat into a package to be sold for $29.95 USD. No additional details are available, except that Apple is considering offering buyers a minor discount towards the purchase of .Mac.

The package, in traditional Apple fashion, will be bundled free with new Mac purchases.

Although no details were mentioned regarding the date of the release, it is assumed that Apple will complete the free beta testing phase of Safari before announcing the package deal.

The name of the package was not known at time of publication, but don't be surprised to see the now-overdone "I" naming scheme to make yet another appearance.

I don't know how accurate Spymac is but I thought everyone would like to know.
  2. kay macrumors member

Jan 26, 2002
    This is 100% bull****.

Two of the selling points of Jaguar were Mail and iChat. Also, to charge for Safari would almost definitely rule out it replacing the free Internet Explorer, which is clearly what Apple intends for it to do.

This is 100% bull****.
  3. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

Jun 25, 2001
    Moneyapolis, Minnesota
    i don't see this as being true...why would apple make people pay for a browser when microsoft bundles IE with windows...AIM is free, as well as the ever-popular AIM client Adium, and everyone needs a mail program...unless they like junk mail in their hotmail inbox
  4. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Jan 1, 2002
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Re: Spymac clams Safari, Mail and iChat to be packaged for $30

Well, considering I don't need iDvd, then iLife is free for me... so, I wouldn't mind paying 30 bucks....but I don't buy this rumor, considering that Mail and Address book and iCal all are SO itegrated with iChat and Safari.... So i think spymac is blowing some poop again. again. ;)

off topic: good to see another wpa'er on site. :)