Spymac - The Trolls Hangout

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by 36183, Apr 1, 2005.

1. 36183 Guest

Jun 24, 2004
    After looking at this site it becomes apparent that spymac is a troll filled website. i am not sure if this is serious or not but either way it is funny

have a look at that video on that site.
  2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    Spymac went commercial, probably need all the money from the ad revenue to fund the trolls.

But I also noticed that even MacOSRumors has become a super-ad-laden site. The hijack the screen feature to toss up a full page ad when you click on a story is rather insane.

Trolls and ads... the things we have to put up with when you don't use MacRumors.
  3. 36183 thread starter Guest

Jun 24, 2004
    macrumors does have ads but i dont mind the stuff here, because at least it is mac related, on spymac i saw a advert for a HP laptop and msn messenger.

you will have to put but with ads on this site, but i dont mind the stuff here.
  4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    I couldn't watch that video all the way through... that spotty little herbert was incredibly annoying.
  5. 36183 thread starter Guest

Jun 24, 2004
    i think that is why they posted the transcript ;)
  6. yellow Moderator emeritus

Oct 21, 2003
    Portland, OR
    Apparently Warwick Davis is a Mac user and is fed up with Spymac.

7. munkle macrumors 68030

Aug 7, 2004
    On a jet plane
    Wow, that was tragic...and incredibly unfunny.
  8. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

May 7, 2004
    Sod off
    This reminds me of the slashdot forums...It is so hard to have a "community" online when it's really impossible to prevent various ne'er-do-wells from screwing it up. How MR has stayed clean so long is amazing. I guess we've just got darn good people here. ;)
  9. 36183 thread starter Guest

Jun 24, 2004
    i think it is because this site does not use a post count system, so members are not ranked leading to less trolls.
  10. 36183 thread starter Guest

Jun 24, 2004
    i dont like that site that much either to be honest. and seeing that spymac has hardly any mac talk for a website that claims to be a large mac website it could explain why people dont like it.
  11. ravenvii macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    Actually we do have a post count system here. See the title under your username? And those avatars? Yep, all byproducts of the post count.

In other words... | }-}@\/3 /\/\0R3 P057$ 7|-|@|\| j00 |\|00|3!!!11!one!!!111!!!eleven!!! P\/\/|\|3|)!!!!!!!!!1111one1
  12. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    Agreed. And I don't know what a spotty little herbert is.
  13. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    Spymac is so terrible with their forums and gallery comments. Way too much of ":)" and ":eek:" and ":D" single digit posts on the site. Perhaps everyone is trying to reach Director status. And the way they formatted all the useless user info below each avatar, it takes up way too much white space.

Plus, a lot of trolls seem to hang around. I remember signing up because it seemed like a really nice, friendly community, but that all changed once they introduced their 1GB email offering. MR is much better but we still have a few trolls like DaveL among us. Spymac brought in too many Asian users and now it's fragmented.