Spymac...

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by mooshoo, May 11, 2004.

1. mooshoo macrumors regular

Is it just me or is Spymac incredibly slow?? Just trying to get the mail page to load takes forever. It's even worse when you want to write messages!! I'm not sure is 1 gig of space is worth the slowness....

2. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

yah, sometimes its real slow. But not always.

3. mooshoo thread starter macrumors regular

Everytime is slow for me. On top of that, I think it's pretty buggy. I tried to send some emails that were only like 3 sentences long, and I get an error saying that the message is too big! :confused:

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I was using it for a little, but I had to stop. It crawled all the time.

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I'm still wondering how in the hell they are paying for all these free services offered to 10's of thousands of members (inc. me :D)...it just baffles me :confused:

6. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    i doubt they automatically set aside 1gb of space. i bet each user only uses as much space on the server as info they have on it. if a user signs up and never uses the service, only a few bytes are used, not a full gig.

7. King Cobra macrumors 603

Yeah, and I bet that very few (if any at all) have even reached 1GB. You seriously need to attempt to fill up that thing to realize just how big 1GB of mail is. Even if you get emails with video clips attached, you need a lot of big media clips (or a few .dv files) to put in there to fill that space.

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I know that most will probably never use it (just like gmail), but with all their other services (gallery, blog, hosting etc) the bandwidth and disk usage must be HUGE!

9. Simon Liquid macrumors regular

Or maybe they're serving it from an iWalk. ROTFLMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. King Cobra macrumors 603

Only SpyMac would be [drugged up] enough to want to do that. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]