Square [broken] images in iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stoid, Jul 13, 2005.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

In the process of upgrading to Tiger, I seem to have made a horrible error. I had been using iPhoto 5 under Panther, but had installed iLife '04 on to Tiger. I copied back over my iPhoto Library folder from my back-up, and upon launch found that over half of my photos had been squashed square. When I double click the photo to get into editing mode, the image was never displayed. No problem I thought, I'll just re-install iPhoto 5! No dice. Still square. And in edit mode there are huge gaps of white when I use the top bar to scroll through my photos. Any ideas?

The first image show the squashed photos (these have not been cropped from their original about 4:3 aspect ratio). The second image shows edit mode. The Loading photo goes away, but no image ever appears.

Attached Files:

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I'd suggest dumping the current iPhoto library and preferences, getting iPhoto to the same version as is on your backup and then copy over the backup iPhoto library which iPhoto 5.0.2 (I presume) should be able read properly.

3. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

Hmmm, yeah, except I'm too big an idiot for that to work. See, as I mentioned not all photos were messed up, and I didn't notice it right away and have already deleted the back-up. :eek: :(