SRS Iwow?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Krim911, Sep 21, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

May 15, 2009
    Can someone explain what it is and how it "improves" sound quality?

Should it help my sound quality even if I use external speakers from my MBP?
  2. macrumors 604

Dec 29, 2006
    dallas, texas
    I mean, it definitely does, but it's also not best in terms of accuracy. Just do a trial of it, it impressed me enough to use it for my dorm room set-up, but at home with better speakers I use a much more detailed. It's just an equalizer.
  3. macrumors 65816

Aug 5, 2006
    In the Depths of the SLC!
    I used the trial some time ago but since I got new sound isolating headphones, I purchased it. It really does improve the sound (My tv has a similar technology to simulate surround sound, powered by WOW).

I think 30.00 or 40.00 bucks is a bit much though, if it was 20.00 then I would be much happier with it. I also like its auto genre detection.

The place it shines the most is for people who listen to a lot of electronic music (trance, house, etc) and people who have a lot of lower quality songs in their library.

I recommend it!
  4. macrumors 68020

Mar 12, 2006
    Rural America
    If you use the internal speakers a lot for listening to music, then it's a good choice. Otherwise, no.
  5. macrumors newbie

Nov 17, 2009
    uninstalling iwow itunes plug in (demo v)

i installed the trial version. now its expired but the 'buy now' prompt still appear. how do i uninstall it?