.srt files

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by insomniac321123, Mar 15, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

I have a foreign film that does not have subtitles. I also have the .srt file that has the subtitles. How can i put these together into 1 mpeg file so that they play together?

2. macrumors regular

You're better off just using an app that can handle .srt files than trying to combine then into one file. You can use either VLC or MPlayer, or if you can find somebody to get your one of the recent nightly builds of Perian, you can then use subtitle files in any QuickTime-supported app.

3. macrumors 6502

Am3822

Including FrontRow?

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

I have a copy of perian. How do i play both the movie and the subtitle file at the same time?

5. macrumors regular

Depends on which version you have. If you have the official .5 release, it doesn't support .srt files. If you have a recent nightly build (sorry, can't give you much help on how to get it, I get it from a friend), just have the .srt file be the same name as the video, and it'll automatically load.

And yes, including Front Row. It's awesome.

6. macrumors newbie

How to view .SRT and .Rm files together

If anyone could please help me. I'm trying to read the subtitles. How do I get the .srt file to work and play with my .rm file? Any help is greatly appreciated.