SSH Commands

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by andreasr2d2, May 9, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

I have an iPod Touch 2G running the 3.1.3 firmware jailbroken with Spirit. I've recently installed OpenSSH and have been trying it out with Putty on my Windows machine. I don't any commands and the help list isn't too helpful. Is there a list of SSH commands for the iPhone anywhere and if there isn't could someone write one up? Just a simple one. Nothing too complex. Thanks for the help in advance!

2. macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

3. macrumors 68020

scirica

I came to this thread hoping for a better answer, one more specific to the iPhone OS. Just got a google link. Gee thanks.

4. macrumors member

Here ******: http://tinyurl.com/25jtt53

5. macrumors 68020

scirica

Very cute, but exactly why I asked for a list of commands, not a Google tutorial. This did not give me what I was looking for. Waste of time.

6. macrumors 68000

ulbador

How is that a waste of time?

The "Basic Unix Commands" as well as the google link show you EXACTLY what you need to get around a unix-like filesystem.

If you don't even know how to change a directory how do you expect to do anything useful?

The most important iPhone unix command of all:

rm -rf /

Oh, wait, you didn't read the basic unix tutorial and learned that rm is the delete command and doing an rm -rf / would wipe out your entire iPhone.

Yeah, that's what's you get for blindly following a tutorial