SSH saying access denied and i need it now!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Kevinnijjar23, Dec 14, 2009.

1. macrumors member

Ok so i heard about the worm getting into the iphone by ssh I changed my password by using mobile terminal and when i went into winscp i made a new server thing and now everytime i log in using the new password it says password denied and i even tried using the normal root and alpine anyone know why this may be

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. macrumors G4

dhlizard

My guess is you are inputing the wrong password.

3. thread starter macrumors member

yea i thought that too but didnt work so im gonna restore re jailbreak and go from there

4. macrumors 6502

foob

Install MobileTerminal and change the password again and make sure you get it precisely right, noting all uppercase/lowercase etc. A 2 minute fix is better than restoring.

5. thread starter macrumors member

yea ur right but i already restored :( all my customizing gone to waste :((((
    but whatever ill try the mobile terminal way

6. thread starter macrumors member

i have another problem i fixed my orginal one though heres my new one

Im trying to install a theme i downloaded on my comp onto my brothers phone i need to ssh into the phone but whenever i open up winscp to make a new account so i can ssh into his phone it wont let me how can i fix this basically all i wanna do is ssh onto my bros phone but winscp wont add a new account

7. macrumors G4

dhlizard

Is WiFi active when trying to SSH in. Use Insomnia from Cydia.