Stakeouts are fun!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kingsly, May 27, 2006.

1. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Okay, Im sitting on my floor with my computer. Its hooked up to a DV Cam aiming out my blinds. I also have powerful (like the sun, but brighter) studio lights positioned facing my yard on the second story. They are all on the same switch. I have a lookout positioned across the street and a team of people armed with water guns and jello downstairs.
    Basically, we found out that our neighbors are going to teepee us (they take pride in their pranks) so I have set up a defense.

When they show, the lookout will alert me via radio and inform me of their position, strength, etc. I will begin recording into iMovie. One person will get set to hit the lights and the team meets @ the staging area. I will put on a glove covered in petroleum jelly and sneak out the back. Once Im in a position to flank them the order will be given to hit the lights. While their stunned by the light, Ill run for their car while the team charges the family. Their door handles get jellied while they get pummeled with water balloons.
    Oh yes, the ultimate coup against the ultimate pranksters.

Caio

2. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Wow.

That sounds unbelievably fun! I wish I lived in that kind of neighborhood. Is this a regular occurrence between you guys?

3. Leraste macrumors regular

Leraste

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

And that's when they start beating you with fists, right? AMiRIGHT?

5. Kingsly thread starter macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Kind of, though this is the most elaborate it's gotten.

Oh you'll get one! Assuming they show up. If I fall asleep (likely if they don't show soon) then all will not be lost. iMovie time lapse to the rescue!

*thinks about it, hides*

Oh yes, by the way: You people spend wayy too much time on MacRumors. its almost 1:00 in the morning! Arrrrgh! :p

6. Leraste macrumors regular

Leraste

HAHA! Especially on a saturday night! er... sunday morning.. I mean. :eek:

7. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Please be sure to post the video.

Also, you might want to have a backup plan if things turn ugly during your ambush.

8. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

I am not hijacking this thread, but all the fun makes me remember something:

Do people still fork other peoples' lawns? When I was in HS and college, people bought bags of plastic forks and stuck them all over in peoples' lawns. In the morning, it looked like weird plastic flowers everywhere. Very funny, and easy for the "victims" to clean up.

Looking forward to the video. :p

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Anyone pulled a prank on me and I'd kill them. maybe if I wasn't busy but I have so much going on these days that I haven't the time to pick up plastic forks or clean a teepee'd house (did I say that right?).
    those pranksters only have to make it over the 12' iron gates first :cool:

10. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

I'd be pretty angry if someone did something that involved my getting up on a ladder to remove toilet paper, or using a bucket and water to clean - I'd want to drag them back by the hair and watch them do it themselves. But I did get forked once, and to be honest I thought it was very funny. It only took a couple minutes to pull up the forks. It was a random forking, no one was out to harrass me specifically; I'm sure I would've felt completely different if it had been malicious.

*back to topic*

11. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I had a '78 Chevy Blazer back in the day. We rolled a house that didn't have many trees, so a lot of TP and napkins were strewn about. I swear there were no cars at the house, but when one of the TP rolls hit the roof, a light came on outside. A chase ensued. Two of us made it to the car doors (me being the driver), the other two dove in the back of my truck. One hit his head and cracked it open.

The sheriff's deputies felt it necessary to question how my friend hurt himself while we were at the ER. We had worked out the lie on the way. It still stands today. We told everyone we were at a local hangout and they were racing trying to get in the front seat and hit his head on the door.

Seven staples, btw.

Great plan Kingsly. Let us know how it works out! How many nights will you stake out until it does or does not happen?

12. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I thought it was supposed to happen last night. Based on his unresponsiveness, I'm guessing it didn't and he is now sleeping in his drool. Well, if I'm right - best of luck next time. If I'm wrong....can't wait to see the video.

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

No response from last night?

Oh, um...........R.I.P. Kingsly. :(

14. Kingsly thread starter macrumors 68040

Kingsly

iSaint, we set the stakeout for the entire weekend.

Unfortunately, they didn't show up. Either they 1) got wise and canceled or, more likely 2) were feeding us disinformation and plan to launch today.

Ill let you know what happens.

15. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Or are MR members. ;)

16. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Better check for inside informants.

...or wise parents!

17. Kingsly thread starter macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Doh!

Nah, they're among the "misinformed." Soon though, Im working towards complete Mac domination of the neighborhood.

I still think its tonight. I saw them at church today and they didn't even acknowledge I existed. All week they've been pretty cocky about the whole thing... perhaps they were trying to lead me off the trail?