STALKER for mac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Snarf!, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Snarf! macrumors member

Snarf!

I`ve been running a little experiment.. if one can call it that..

I´ve found that Amazon.com will relsease a mac game for pre-order almost a year before the game is anounsed. I have some examples of this. A year ago, I wanted to play NWN - Hordes... on my mac, but it wasn`t available. So I did a search for it and Foiund it on Amazon.dom alongside Star Wars KOTOR. both games where only available for pre-order, and Amazon said that the release date would be around june 2004. THis was in may 2003, so I really didn`t care, but it lingered in the back of my head. And now we all know that MAcsoft is publishing NWN - Hordes and Shadows (made official this summer) and Aspyr is releasing KOTOR for mac. With this knowledge, I went back on amazon.com This time with a specific purpose: Finding what might be the best FPS/RPG ever, STALKER_ Shadow Of Chernobyl... And guess what? :
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
    Other products by THQ
    Platform: * Mac OS, Windows 95 / 98 / Me / XP

This is good news for fans of both FPS and RPG gaming. Norwegian Gaming Mag "Super Play" gave STALKER their 3rd or 4th place in their ranking of the top 100 Game Previews of E3 2004.

If anyone else hears anything about this game (mac-related), please answer this post.

Snarf

2. benpatient macrumors 68000

I've heard it's DX only, so I wouldn't expect it to be done by the game developers. It's always possible that Aspire or someone will do it, but when you read the developer's notes on the game and they say things like "we're constantly doing things to use up every little bit of the latest technology. our core market is the hardcore gamer who is willing to spend top dollar to get the best from their games..." it makes me think we won't be seeing it in any appreciable form on the mac.

I'll just play it on my PC. Don't hold your breath on the Amazon thing. In fact, amazon had pre-orders for things that never come out at all...they just delete the item and don't charge your card. They don't even email you to tell you it was "discontinued"...it's just gone one day.

3. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

THQ is pretty good at supporting the Mac.

Red Faction is hella fun.