Stand for 17" PB?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Demon Hunter, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

There may be other threads that covered this, but are there any stands that will support the 17" PowerBook? My PodiumPad is still a bit small, and the screen shakes when I type. :( I'm just looking for something to let me type at an angle. Any suggestions?

2. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Not sure that this helps, but I use the iCurve stand with my 17" PowerBook and it works great, but it isn't really made for typing on the PowerBook directly. It's better suited for using with an external keyboard as are most stands that I've seen.

3. mcgarry macrumors 6502a

mcgarry

Yeah, I only use the iCurve with a 12", but if you do try to type on it while it's in the iCurve, there is a noticeable suspension effect that could bother. I attach an external keyboard.

4. diehldun macrumors 6502a

I'm not purposely trying to hijack this thread, but I'm in the same boat as well (sort of)

I am currently thinking about buying an iCurve for my 17" PowerBook, but I am deciding on what keyboard to get... (either will be Apple)

-Apple Bluetooth Keyboard
    -Apple USB Keyboard

I already have an Apple bluetooth mouse, and I have an extra USB port... it is "worth" paying $40+ more (I forgot how much $$$ difference there was). Do most people who have iCurve use wireless or wired?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks!

5. Demon Hunter thread starter macrumors 68020

My guess is wireless would be your best option with an iCurve... unless wires and a free USB port are not enough to warrant the extra $40.

6. macdad2 macrumors member