Stand for MacBook Sitting Sideways?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Cooknn, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Let's say I want to put my MacBook to use on a desk in clamshell mode. You know those little feet that come with battery backup's? I was wondering if anyone knew of something like that which would be adjustable and allow me to turn my MacBook sideways in clamshell mode. Would save on space. Appreciate any feedback :)

2. Cooknn thread starter macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Dig the Apple motif! :p

Anyways, I went with a modified Staples CPU Stand. Some might think it's ugly, but it will get the job done and save me some space on my desktop too :)

Attached Files:

3. GaseousPlatypus macrumors member

4. Cooknn thread starter macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Nah. It's actually gonna be sitting next to a Dell monitor and Kensington (Mac) keyboard and mouse at the office. Black will work :)

5. FullmetalZ26 macrumors regular

Is there anything to keep the mac from getting scratched?

6. Cooknn thread starter macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Yes. It comes with adhesive padding and I added some round felt pads on the inside and bottom as well. Underneath instead of installing the wheels, I bought some rubber feet at Radio Shack so it doesn't slide around. All in all I'm pretty happy with the result.

7. FullmetalZ26 macrumors regular

What kind of stand is that from Staples? I was thinking about this when I first got my MacBook, now I might have to try it :)

edit - also, after looking at the picture again, you might want to flip the 'book over, so the cooling vent is pointing upwards. The base might be blocking airflow a bit.

8. Cooknn thread starter macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Green box. Staples CPU stand. Item #642214. Note: I also bought a couple of flat head bolts/nuts to put the two pieces together instead of using the brackets that came in the box...

Thanks, I'll do that!