Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
I listen to several podcasts on my iTouch while riding the bus to work, etc. I find that I am continually having to adjust the volume for different parts of the podcasts -- for instance, the intro is loud, the body of the podcast is lower volume, and the ending (jingle, credits, etc.) is loud again. Is there any way to adjust the volume across the board to standardize that volume so I don't have to spend all my time adjusting.

What I would love would be to have a way to select all podcasts (and I guess it could apply to music as well), click on something to say "make volume levels standard". Anybody know of anything?

Thanks in advance!

gary c

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2008
Possible answer

Ok I am very new at this i pod thing but I went to extras, sound check and make sure that is on. It works for me. I have lots of cd's that are copied form records, the sound is low and they work with the bought cd's that I have. Hope this works for you.
Gary

Fonzijr1964

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Maryland
I listen to several podcasts on my iTouch while riding the bus to work, etc. I find that I am continually having to adjust the volume for different parts of the podcasts -- for instance, the intro is loud, the body of the podcast is lower volume, and the ending (jingle, credits, etc.) is loud again. Is there any way to adjust the volume across the board to standardize that volume so I don't have to spend all my time adjusting.

What I would love would be to have a way to select all podcasts (and I guess it could apply to music as well), click on something to say "make volume levels standard". Anybody know of anything?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah sound check works sorta for that but there is no real fix.

But there is just one thing its not "iTouch" its the iPod Touch:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.