Stanford puts audio programs on iTunes

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Oct 20, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors regular

That's great news but where are they? Earlier today when I read this article I couldn't find anything of the sort except a really bizarre philosophical podcast from Stanford.

3. macrumors 6502

A Computer Science class I've been TAing at Harvard Extension school has been doing this for a couple of weeks.. Perhaps not at the volume of Stanford but this isn't a "first".

Computer Science E-1

4. macrumors newbie

5. macrumors G5

nagromme

6. macrumors newbie

Stanford First iTunes Public Site

Hi MacManDan,

This is a first full public iTunes music store for a university. Not content offerings via podcast or an album of university content. It's a full fledged custom store (which is not linked via the iTMS). Just thought I might clarify. =)

7. macrumors 604

Lacero

This could potentially open up the market advertising for up and coming bands who are not represented by the labels. :cool: Is this the beginning of Apple's foray into dominating the market for indie bands. Next step.. the major labels.

8. macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Some of the lectures look interesting. I thought there were supposed to be books though. I'm dissapointed it's just interviews about books.

9. macrumors 6502a

Whyren

Not just interviews and lectures, though. There are 100 tracks of free music (as discovered here by realityisterror).