Star Control 2 on OS X ... FREE!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by srobert, May 28, 2004.

1. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Oh my god! On my top-10 list of the games I enjoyed the most, ever, I think this would be number 1. This one is an oldy but a goodie. I fininshed it many times in the good old days. It was only on PC but now some nice guys ported it to the mac.

You can download it totally free here:

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

You can play it in window mode too. ^_^

Looks like the prject dates back to almost 2 years ago but I just found out.

Attached Files:

2. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

Wow, this brings back some childhood summer memories. I used to play this with a buddy of mine when I was like 12. Great find, srobert! I'm downloading all the packs now.

All I remember about the characters in the game was that my buddy always picked that big green mother ship that had all those little ships come out an chase you. Ha! Good stuff!

3. srobert thread starter macrumors 68020

srobert

Good old Ur-Quan Dreadnought ^_^ Those little drones could do serious damage on slower moving ships. The Earthling cruiser had the best defense against this: short-range-autotargetting-point-defense-lasers. ;-p The Dreadnought main gun was also one of the most powerfull weapon but it was hard to taget. I loved the phunk ships wich were ultra fast and maneuvrable and could also "reincarnate" themselves in combat if you were destroyed. Thay also had to yell insults at you to recharge their batteries: "Dodo! Twit! Nitwit! Stupid! Jerk!" lol.

All the memories. I wonder If I still have that old sketchbook where I wrote coordinates of all those lucrative Rainbow, Crystal and Radioactive worlds.

Seb

4. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

You all just made my day. I loved this game. I am so psyched!

5. srobert thread starter macrumors 68020

srobert