Star Trek Enterprise Powered By Cubes

Discussion in 'Community' started by TEG, Nov 26, 2003.

1. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I was just wandering around the internet, as I always do. I was surprised to find out that all the displays used in "Enterprise" are all driven by just 16 G4 Cubes.

[​IMG]

Now I have more of an arcenial when someone says, "You can't do anything on a Mac." I can respond, with, "put 16 together and you can pretend its 2151."

Of source, one must remember than with out Macintosh, Star Trek would still be using crappy buttons, and LCARS would not exist. Nor would we have the scend rom The Voyage Home of Scotty using a nouse as though it was a Microphone.

TEG

2. TEG thread starter macrumors 604

TEG

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

That's really cool to see a cluster of Cubes being used. If they weren't so expensive, they could be effectively used in situations where space would be a factor...like this. ;)

4. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

I never seen so many cubes together......If macs wernt overpriced(which most of them are) maybe we would see more of them

5. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

So how many PowerMac cubes does it take to bring the Enterprise to warp speed?

6. TEG thread starter macrumors 604

TEG

Considering on the website I saw two Graphite PMs, and at least 20 Cubes, I'd say I takes 30 Cubes to go Warp 1, Double that for each Warp Factor beyond that.

TEG

7. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Hmm. I thought the only cubes used in Star Trek were Borg cubes. :rolleyes: Guess I'm wrong. :cool: