Star Trek Legacy

Discussion in 'Games' started by SpankyPenzaanz, Dec 20, 2006.

1. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

Contrary to reviews out there if you enjoy anyone of the star trek eras I recommend this game. The complaint of the step learning curve about this games goes to show that those that reviewed this game haven't played any strategy game in the last 10 years. They do not bombard you with every contol in one mission but introduce more and build upon what was taught in the previous missions. I have been playing the 360 version and the controller with contextual menus works just fine and the fleet combat is fun. I had more intricate controls in GRAW.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

3. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

I played the PC version and found it tedious. The controls were too clunky.

4. SpankyPenzaanz thread starter macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

If you like star trek and if you like micromanagement and minute details. As to the pc controls have not played it and I could see how the controls are clunky becausee of the actual flying around would be made easier with an analog stick

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Actually the reviews point to it being easier to control on the 360.

6. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

I bought Legacy, installed it on my peecee, and the damn thing gives me an error message and shuts down right after I open up the program. I bought the game over two weeks ago but still haven't been able to play it.

7. LastLine macrumors 65816

agreed, it's a fun sim game, and an even more fun Star Trek game. My only minor niggle is lack of single player campaigns for other races, mind it is a minor niggle as that's something that usually bores me - no pleasing me I guess!

The controls and gameplay do play so much better for the 360 - having played both I feel safe to say that - but it's also worth remembering the game was built for the 360 so that's only fair assumption.

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

PC gamer looked at the pc version and I just wasnt very impressed with its graphics which looked kind of cartoon like for a new simulator. So I was just going to wait for others to try it and see what they had to say about it.

9. LastLine macrumors 65816

Cartoony? I'd be interested to see those pictures as I have to say I think they look pretty damned good myself :) If you've got any questions you wanna ask about it feel free :)

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

If you got the game do a review and post it here but the screen shots I saw looked a little weak. In this day & age sims should look real with todays graphic cards.

11. apple_iBoy macrumors 6502a

I have this game on my xbox 360, and I have to say that I get extremely aggravated with not being able to save mid-mission. Many times, I've played some tedious section of the game and wanted or needed to go do something else, but had to sit there and keep at it, for fear of having to come back another time and start that whole section from scratch.

Someone gave me this game for Christmas, and I'm trying to give it a fair shake, but I think I'm about to go back to my electronic form of heroin, Oblivion. (I don't get to play games a whole lot, so I can only really concentrate on one at a time).

12. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I rented this game last week for the 360... I'm a huge star trek fan, but I was disappointed with this game... Every once and awhile it was pretty fun, but the things that ruined it for me was:

1. Running into other star ships was a joke. If I recall, bridge commander did a better job and gave you a ton of damage when this happened. Of course, if that happened in Legacy, you wouldn't survive more than 2 minutes in a battle...

2. It sounded like they had to hold a gun to William Shatner's head to get him to do the voice for Kirk (none of them sounded "great" but his was the worst). I just watched the "Undiscovered Country" a few days ago and you could hear the difference dramatically. Completely emotionless...

3. All the ships except the famous ones looked boxy and incomplete.

I still enjoyed it most of the time, but I won't want to own it unless I found it for really cheap.

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The new March issue of PC gamer gave this one a 63%, They made it clear it has a bad case of consoleitis and again they posted pictures and yes the graphics look 2nd rate in this day & age. Also they busted on its horrible save feature and its simple game play like having 1 shield around the whole ship? or simple explosions etc. We just cant get a top notch Trek game but its allways been like this. Oh well one I wont be buying.

14. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

I think I'm taking my copy back to the store.