Star Trek + Macs

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Ensign Paris, Feb 6, 2002.

?

Which do you like best?

Poll closed Feb 20, 2002.
  1. Red Dwarf + Star Trek

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. Star Trek

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  3. Red Dwarf

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

This may be pointless but I do think about this kind of thing!

I personally am a Red Dwarf and Star Trek fan.

Let me know what you are!

2. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

3. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

4. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I would be a capitalist that would cut venezuelan's president head off as soon as I can.

Beside, in Star Trek are no latinos, ¿does that mean there won't be lating people in the future? how boring, no wonder thouse episodes are so long and the dram goes so slooooooow.

Can you imagine a space ship full of brazilians, venezuelans, colombians! the sexiest girls of the universe in just one ship, because let me tell you... I leaved in the US for 3 year, in germany 2 months, 3 weeks in france but nothing like the girls from Caracas o Colombia. They are a mix of europena people (from spain mostly 500 years ago), black people from africa (there is where the body com from) and south american indians (very good room service).

Sorry, Star Trek is missing something. About Red Dwarf... I do not know what a heck that is.

5. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

You don't know what Red Dwarf is?! I highly suggest you find out! :D It's pretty damn funny!

How I miss the days of Voyager...

...and yes, this proves we're total geeks. :D

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

sorry....

but I've never really liked Star Trek :(

7. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

red dwarf definitely takes this one by a furlong :)

8. spuncan macrumors 6502

meh

whatever startreks ok but once DS9 and Voyager died It was alot less appealling I mean I never watched the original so I never was confused by the different races and such. Myself I could live with only 2 channels FOX for the simpsons and UPN for Simpson re-runs.

9. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

The Simpsons are the best most of the times, South Park is something, specially in spanish. One day I was with a friend of mine and I told her, hey look this cartoon. When I turn on the tv and change to Locomotion (a cable tv channel) the boys where cutting zombies head off with a chainsaw! the girls was in shock! I was too, it was the most bloody scene in the South Park history. Now they are planned to show it in national tv, I do not know how.

I got to go.

10. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Those of you who do not know what red dwarf is are deprived. You are missing out on one of the best sci-fi comedies ever. Red Dwarf

11. beigemac macrumors newbie

Its British right

Oh yeah!

I love Red Dwarf, it's a british comedy which means you get maximum abusement entertainment in one show. Its so funny just like me! Oh and the crap they make (them script writters) is excellent crap. Go buy the video its worth a few laughs!

12. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

ok i know im gonna take some flak for this but i cant help it. i cant stand british comedy. ok the unfunniness is made worse but the poor film quality but mostly its all cheap benny hill style crap. that said i do occasionally laugh while watching british comedy but its not worth the investment of so much unfunny stuff. that being said i do have to say that one of the best "scifi" (is it sci fi? some people seem to think so) shows is ThePrisoner (british). startrek is good. i enjoy the new series. never like janeway but i watched. new show just needs a new intro... o and can anyone tell all the white humans on enterprise apart? they are in serious need of some diversity.

13. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

I'd say the Prisoner borders on sci-fi and just plain cult-classic. :) The Prisoner definitely kicks ass. I own the entire series, and I encourage anyone who hasn't seen it to do so... it's unlike anything ever made for TV. It's like a British Wild Wild West that's 10 times more off-the-wall. (And for all you who think when I say Wild Wild West I mean the 1999 movie, think again.)

The "prequel" series, Secret Agent Man/Danger Man, is also excellent. Patrick McGoohan is superb.

And as for British comedy, I love it! Well, half of it. Stuff like Monty Python and Red Dwarf and Are You Being Served? is classic. Other stuff, like Keeping Up Appearances, and No, Honestly! and the like I find somewhat tedious and rarely funny. There's two types of British humo"u"r: slapstick/bizarre, like Monty Python/Red Dwarf, and more "sophisticated" stuff like Keeping Up Appearances, which is mostly hum-drum with an occassional laugh or two.

14. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Hey, hey... hold it there... what about Mr. Bean?

15. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Ambitiouslemon

i'm not going to flame you or anything, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. At the same time though, i can't stand american humour when holywood tries to depict an idiot (ie Zoolander).

Mr Bean is classic, not forgetting Fawlty Towers!

16. spikey macrumors 6502a

You aint seen british comedy in a while then, Benny hill is crap hes a wanker.

British satire comedy is the best in the world because we are a bunch of highly critical gimps. But most of it is not exported outside britain and when it is it goes to some crappy cable channel.

I suggest looking at programs like:

So graham norton
    Have i got news for you
    Vicar of Dibley
    Never mind the buzzcocks
    The league of gentlemen.

I think there is a nice variety there.

Star trek is american bull****.
    Red dwarf kicks ass

........ Smeg ;)

17. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

oh dear... please, anything but Graham Norton

18. spikey macrumors 6502a

Well, ok hes a fag and his humour is pretty much all about sex.

But he is quick witted, and very popular so i had to include him.

19. thirdeg macrumors newbie

Im supprised you guys even understand the league of gentlemen. When ever I watch a British film with a bunch of Americans they just don' tunderstand the British humour.

20. spikey macrumors 6502a

Yeah alot of american humour is ****. It just isnt very intelligent. But ofcourse the simpsons and southpark are great.

I like canadian humour, Jim carey and mike myers were both from canada no?

21. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

this thread kinda reminds me of when bruce willis said "I'm American...our names don't mean crap" in Pulp Fiction....

22. MaxRool macrumors member

eyelikeRedDwarf

Eye Like Red Dwarf. Eye Like britsish humour.
    But most of all Eye Like 7 of 9.:)

23. GreenLyons macrumors newbie

A fan fo Star Trek

loved nxt gen, Loved Deep Space nine..
    Not fan of voyager... Tuned in just to see Janeway die.. was Hoping chekote would take over.
    A Big fan of Farscape.. on the Sci Fi channel here in the states. Comes from Austrailia I think.

24. mywar2000 macrumors member

two words...

The Family Guy.

That was a joke. get it?!

25. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Hey I still think Beverly Hills 90210 was the best... I mean where else could you have seen an actress like Tori Spelling whos boobs seemed to grow more every season....hehe....and besides they had a Mac in about every other scene...made me feel like an upper classer with my Macs! hehehe