Star Wars Battlefront expansion questions

Discussion in 'Games' started by Stevp1, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Stevp1 macrumors regular

ok, so I'm a late adopter. I just picked up Battlefront (original version) and have been looking at some of the user developed maps and expansion items. Can I use those files on the Mac version? I don't see an "add-ons" folder in any of the app folders. Is this possible?

if it is, can these maps be used in single player or just multi?

thanks all.

-Steve

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Is there a Data, Savegames, and Screenshots folder? If so, create an AddOn folder in the same directory.

3. neonblue2 macrumors 6502a

(Doing this from memory)

Right click on the .app icon and select 'show package contents'. Go through the Contents folder and locate the 'add-ons' folder. It may be in Resources folder.

4. Stevp1 thread starter macrumors regular

That's it! thanks much.

5. truebatman89 macrumors newbie

Something else

OK So I have a question. I downloaded the stuff, then I opened up the add-on folder... And I put the things in there.. Now what it next? Is it supposed to just be set into the game now?

6. Stevp1 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes. If you loaded the map folder into the Add-on location, when you launch the game, the new maps should be listed with the rest of the maps that came with the game.

7. truebatman89 macrumors newbie

Hmm... ok... I tried that... I'll try it again. Thanks

8. truebatman89 macrumors newbie

Well wait... Where did you get the extras? Maybe I'm not getting the right ones.

9. Stevp1 thread starter macrumors regular

I just did a search for "battlefront maps" or something like that. Then just hit the sites that came up.

10. mcdonabe macrumors newbie

Adding maps to battlefront

Just wanted to say thanks for posting the help on this. Forums on this are sparse!!

11. Paul Capaldi macrumors newbie

Had to add to this thread, I myself had to work out the above method on my own without pointers! I was completly gob smacked when it actually worked...:D

12. Stevp1 thread starter macrumors regular

I must say I hadn't got that far without the thread. I knew I'd find the folder somewhere, just couldn't pin down where. You are a better man than I!

:cool:

13. Paul Capaldi macrumors newbie

At first I was stumped because all I could see was a single file/app, but while using a completly different game (Oolite, Elite for the Mac) that uses Mods, I came across the "show contents of package" shortcut and thought it might work on Battlefront.

I think I was more amazed when the mods actually worked in game, I thought they would be a different format having been created on a PC.

Still, worked out well in the end though!:D

14. R.R.Mac macrumors regular

R.R.Mac

guys i know its not the real subject but does battlefront if you buy it from apple store does it work on a PC as well?

15. Stevp1 thread starter macrumors regular

No. The two versions are different. You have to buy the PC version. Sorry.

16. primalman macrumors 6502a

for good info on SWBF and maps and mods [including instructions for use], see www.swbfmac.com

17. R.R.Mac macrumors regular

R.R.Mac

thanks.

Can you add maps on the PSP battlefront 2 becuase i would like some more maps on it? :confused:

18. Paul Capaldi macrumors newbie

Thanks primalman, hadn't found that site before. A Mac SWBF site, a rare thing indeed!:)

19. R.R.Mac macrumors regular

R.R.Mac

guys i cannot find a map site for PSP battlefront 2 can anybody help me?:confused:

20. Stevp1 thread starter macrumors regular

I was really glad to see that, too. I'll be visiting there often.

Thanks!

21. Paul Capaldi macrumors newbie

Actually that reminds me and I know this is a bit off topic, but does anyone here play SW Battlegrounds, the Age of Empires clone?

I have some technical queries about mods and custom maps etc. and wondered if anyone here could help...:confused:

22. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

i Could never get along with battlefront, the movements and controls on the keyboard just didn't feel right, so i left it and ended up playing COD, the movement felt so much more natural