Star Wars Battlefront II ...

Discussion in 'Games' started by ijimk, Dec 20, 2005.

1. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

I think i am picking up this game today for PS2. I am just wondering if anyone here plays it? I have heard nothing but good reviews on this game and think i will enjoy the great online battles. I think the graphics look good my only concern is i am used to playing First person shooters with a mouse and keyboard and this will be with a controller. Any comments are welcome. :)

2. doucy2 macrumors 65816

doucy2

i really wanna get the 1st one for mac
    lmk how it is

3. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

BF II on XBOX

I have been playing it for about a week now - just on the campaign mode.

It is really a nicely done sequal to the first. I am sure that the XBOX and PS2 are quite similar

The added space flight feature and the ability to fly INTO enemy ships to sabotage them it really fun.

The missions are more objective based not kill X number of units before you lose X number of units.

And of course the sounds and graphics are really good.

Not quite a full 2 cents but if you liked the first... you will certainly love the seconds.
    :)

4. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

How are the Sith charaters? can there be 2 Darth Vaders running around? Are the Sith more offensive than the jedi?

5. revisionA macrumors 6502

I for one would love to see a pack of wild yodas!

$

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I'll let you know after xMas, if the wife came through for me. ;)

7. kingcrowing macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

only one hero per game, IE one vader, luke etc...

8. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Not entirely correct. You can have one hero for each side. Also, on assault you can play heroes vs. villians. My only beef with the game is that they should have included more heros such as Old Obi Wan, Qui Gon Jin, Amidala, Lando, and R2-D2. Also, they left out Cloud City!

9. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I suppose they have to hold something back for the inevitable Star Wars Battlefront III... ;)

For the past couple of months my girlfriend has been hinting to me she'd like a copy for her Xbox for Christmas, so I'll no doubt be giving the game a go myself in the upcoming weeks. From what I've seen, it looks pretty good.

10. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Battlefront II is my absolute favorite game right now. Just remember to play it on the hardest level, and do 4 or 5 conquests a night.

11. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Now I REALLY hope that my wife comes through for me!

12. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

They announced an "update" today for Xbox live users. Adds some new maps and another hero game. There will be a bigger update (for $5) in January with some of the old maps that didn't make the jump to BF2 and new heroes. I'm pretty hyped about it.

13. strydr macrumors 6502

strydr

I just recently bought a PS2, and I love playing SW online. BF1 is still fun, but,ya, what iriejedi said about flying into ships, and wreaking havoc, then steal one of their ships.. so much fun. Plus, getting to play as a Jedi is great.

14. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    It's a decent game, much better than the first. What I hated is that they recycled some maps from the 1st game, and the space battles got real repetetive. Fly, get shield half destroyed, fly into enemy hangar, blow up center console, blow up shield generator, blow up life support, get the hell out, done.

Darth Vader is far too slow. Darth Maul is absolutely awesome.

But, it's a game that loses it's worth quickly. I beat both the campaign and the conquer game in just over a week.

I'd say it's worth a rent, and then it's tossable.

15. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Not if you have online.

If you have a PC, get it on the PC.

16. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

damn took you a week o_O my friends and i play about 4-6 conquests a night when we play, and we have gone through the game about 20 times and it is still great, we play it almost every hour we are together. That or NHL 2006.