Star Wars Battlefront?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Abulia, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Any reviews or comments? I've been eying, mostly because my guys at work have it for the PC; we'd like to play against each other.

2. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

It's not out yet for Mac till August (??). Believe you can play against your PC friends via LAN. But for online, you can only play against other Mac players via GameRanger.

I can't wait to get myself a copy. :D

3. highres macrumors 6502a

highres

Played SW Battlefront online via PS2 and it was pretty sweet, like being able to play as both Storm Trooper and Rebel...

Also Eevee, just a small typo correction, add an "s" to the word oath in your sig so it is plural, and take an "l' out of fulfil... :)

4. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

OOPS!!! Thanks for correction. How embarrassing! :D

5. anotherjeff macrumors regular

anotherjeff

I just tried this game out for xbox and I wouldn't buy it. Your character choices aren't that varied, graphics were so-so. I only played against my brother and we didn't do any of the tutorials so that might have something to do with it.

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Well you half-corrected it anyway :rolleyes:

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Battlefront is a great game...online. Single player is good but gets old fast.

8. Abulia thread starter macrumors 68000

Abulia

I thought it was shipping for the Mac? How long to get it into retailers hands?

Oh, and I agree that the XBox version is pretty bad port. The PC version (saw a friend's) is pretty sweet. I'm hoping the Mac version is more faithful to the PC, rather than the console versions.

9. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

OOPS again...Thanks Nermal :D

10. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

I believe it will be shipped by August (read from MacWorld). And hopefully the Mac version will be as nice as the PC version.

GFLPraxis, were you able to play against PC players online? Or just Mac players.

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I got the PC version, sorry :(

My current Mac is a PowerBook, no desktop Mac.

I intend to dump my PC as soon as the Intel Macs are out and I can dual boot Windows and retain my Windows games, and buy my newer games as Mac OS X games.

12. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

It's already shipping, as of Tuesday. It's rare that Mac versions aren't as nice as the PC version. And in the case of Feral ports, usually a bit nicer...but this isn't a Feral port. Still, Aspyr typically does a good job. Of course it's going to be a port of the PC version, not the console version, because that would be a significant amount of extra work.

--Eric