Star Wars BattleFront

Discussion in 'Games' started by saunders45, Sep 27, 2004.

1. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

So.. anyone else get it? I got it for Xbox. Pretty fun. Maps aren't too bad. The only complaint I have is that sometimes the tanks take forever to kill even with AT units. Otherwise lots of fun, especially with a freind. Gonna play it on Live tonight. Tell me what you guys think.

2. Apmonia macrumors regular

I played it for the Xbox and for PS2 and I can say that the game plays so much better on the Xbox. Graphics and overall feel are better for the Xbox. With that being said, I really don't like game all that much. The player controls are slow and when one goes to use a fighter, the controls are almost impossible. But you can be a storm-trooper, enough said.

Apmonia

3. Brother Michael macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

I will never buy another Lucas Arts Game again.

That company killed Full Throttle 2 and whats worse Sam 'n' Max: Freelance Police. And for what? More Dark Forces Clones?!! What is that?!

Let's not forget the fact that Lucas has decided to completly ruin his own lifes work...

Ill rant some more time for class now.

Mike

4. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Between the trilogy DVD and this, I wasted a whole lot of time last week.

I like the game quite a bit. I went "live" earlier this week, and it added quite a bit to the experience. Many LucasArts Star Wars games can be hit or miss, but this one's a winner.

5. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I miss these games. They were hilarious. I'm a big Monky Island fan myself and I loved Days of the Tantacle. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis was pretty good too.

6. Brother Michael macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

I loved all of them. I wish they would have released Sam and Max and Day of the Tentacle on the Windows Platform like they did Monkey Island 1 and 2 a few years ago.

Mike

7. Brother Michael macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

"After careful evaluation of current market place realities and underlying economic considerations, we've decided that this was not the appropriate time to launch a graphic adventure on the PC"

However, as long as we contine to produce rehashed Star Wars and George conintues to ruin the series then we are golden.

Jerks.

8. saunders45 thread starter macrumors 6502a

saunders45

Yeah, the controls were slow as nuts as first, but i never use defaults anyway. I tweaked the freakin heck outta them and now its easy. As far as the vehicles, they take about 5 mins to get used to, after that its as easy as cake. I expecially liked being able to steal enemy vehicles.
    Although the bots are no genius', the certainly are better than BF1942's.

9. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

my xbox is broken at the moment (hdd :mad: ) but i was a gamer's edge (an arcade only w/ gc ps2 xbox etc and the xboxes on a lan) playing battlefront for like 3 hours! it's a lot of fun, and the co-op campaign is cool. i especially like playing the battle scene from the end of episode2 and being storm troopers and those droids w/ the shields that spin (cant remember the name) overall an 6.5 out of 10 but i was playing halo right before so that might skew my opinion ;)

10. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

Amen to that

11. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

12. native00 macrumors regular

native00

I honestly did not dig this game all that much. Driving all vehicles, picking your side, your soldier...all aspects that make this game worth the purchase. However, once you get the strategy down and realize what is best for each environment, you can repeat it on different planets...and voila! Immediate redundancy. I am a Star Wars fan, so I did enjoy it, but I will not replay it again. Anyone want to buy it for xbox...gimme 20...haha

15 in PB/1.25Ghz/768RAM - peaced out, snoochy boochez!

13. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Meh. It's pretty much exactly the same as Battlefield 1942.

14. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Yeah, SWBF on the xbox is pretty fine. Lag to the USA servers sux though...

15. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Though it is a Star Wars version of BF1942, I got it yesterday (for the PS2) and once I got over the initial learning curve of movement and aiming, I really enjoy it. I'm sure I'll get bored of it, but for the moment, it's a blast.

16. saunders45 thread starter macrumors 6502a

saunders45

I like playing it online. I was playing on Xbox live for a few hours last night. Hoth was a freakin' blast. Hearing people asking for help, giving orders, the combat is what Galaxies should have had(even though pretty much impossible right now).