Star Wars Ep. 4-6 DVD box art...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bond007, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
  2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I agree with you Bond007, that DVD boxed set really looks great. It should sell like hot cakes!

3. JamesDPS macrumors regular

I'm much more concerned with the content of the DVDs -- let's all just pray that the ORIGINAL versions (or maybe the "cleaned up" originals) are available, not just some "Disneyed-up" new version. Looks like he's doing further stuff to it even since the special edition from a few years ago. Please please PLEASE no extraneous garbage! I can tolerate the extra Hut stuff (barely), but if anything like Jar Jar shows up in the *true* Star Wars trilogy, I'm gonna be PISSED. Or maybe he'll just replace all the guns with walkie-talkies. That having been said, I'll still go watch Ep3 just to see the brat turn in to Darth, but there are no comparisons to be made with Eps 4-6.

I think it's interesting that recent Star Wars video games have been much better than Eps 1 and 2; I'll probably get flamed by a couple people for that opinion, but I think it's basically because the games are made by people who are fans of the original trilogy. Eps 1-3 are made by someone who wants to entertain kids with short attention spans and, let's face it, make a ton of money...

The music's still good, tho :) (So I don't want to hear anyhing about the "snoring boring scoring" of John Williams!)

[Last minute edit] Maybe that's what the three sets are -- the top one is the original, the Darth one is the re-released special edition, and the crappy-looking ultra-colorful one on the bottom is the "Disney" version. THAT would be brilliant marketing.

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

First off, this is the dvd set of all time and ive been waiting years for it. Second, John Williams Star Wars score is the best movie score of all time, and he is the best music composer of the 20th century.

5. lind0834 macrumors regular

Lucas Arts has said on several occasions that the 4-6 Boxset will be the "Special Edition" versions.. for those of you out of the loop that means Jabba the Hutt will be in episode 4. Don't know if I like the way they look. I was hoping it would match the Art on Episode 1 and 2 DVDs.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So will there be a special 6 box set or a rerelease of a 1-3 box set

7. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

I have to ask this...

Why 3 different sets?

Ummm...

I only only I can see these are 4-6...

But ... HUH?

What is each set going to have?

1 Movie each set?

I hope not...
    :eek:

But what is each set for?

Confused...

8. JamesDPS macrumors regular

I dig your style. :cool:

9. JamesDPS macrumors regular

Yeah, I've sort of been out of the loop, I guess. I suppose the Special Edition is fine, but I've just read rumors about a new version, too, that's all. It's not inconceivable that the three sets would be for three versions - the packaging seems to make sense for that. Of course, isn't it just as likely that they're all just "proposed" sets, that only one will be chosen. Or none, for that matter?

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm not sure what you are confused about MrMacman. The set will contain 4 DVD's. The above articles was showing the planned art work for the box set from different view points. I thought that it has a Panther box type look.