Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Disney today released Star Wars: The Force Awakens onto digital platforms, including iTunes, Disney Movies Anywhere, and other Digital HD platforms. The company first confirmed the release date in early March, also announcing the long-awaited film will launch at physical retailers on April 5.

Star-Wars-2.jpg

The iTunes version of the film has the same bonus content as the standard retail editions set to launch next week, including a table read of the script and a behind-the-scenes look at the development of the film's creatures. Fans who purchase the film on April 5 will have a handful of retailer exclusive editions to choose from, some of which include bonus content unavailable elsewhere.
iTunes Extras: Discover the complete story behind the film's making in Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature-length documentary. In The Story Awakens: The Table Read, cast members reflect on the memorable day they all came together for the first time to read the movie's script. Plus Crafting Creatures, Building BB-8, Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight, a host of Deleted Scenes, and more.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens is available to download from the iTunes Store for $19.99 in HD, with the SD version to follow on April 5 for $14.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Now Available to Download From iTunes

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Ummmmmm ok.... So is MacRumors gonna be announcing every movie released on iTunes now? If so, I'll just turn off MacRumors notifications now.
Nope, but this is one of the highest grossing movies of all time and the audience overlaps quite a bit with ours. Our last post on it was quite popular.

(We also covered Avatar...on the front page even!)

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Given how crap the last three movies were, this movie is getting a lot of love, should be a nice money spinner.

And about to be in a lot of people iTunes libraries .

Reactions: AleXXXa

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Oh..i'm just waiting for the next movie about The New Order to hunt down resistance on the planet similar to Hoth...with their AT AT walkers...to blast down their generators. I'm sure Kylo will be there with his storm troopers...and hopefully waiting to see Rey lose her arms as Kylo tells her..."Rey, you are my sister!"
Her response? "NOOOOOOO"

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Saw it twice. Can't wait for the blu ray. Just wish it was an extended Director's Cut. The extras in this look good, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're holding back a Directors Cut for release just before Episode 8. It would be awesome though. I wonder if some industrious folk will try and integrate the deleted scenes into the the Theatrical Cut when they get their hands on it?

Dilster3k

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
Such a disappointment in terms of story, which chronologically doesn't push the overall universe forward because it's practically a remake of Episode IV so Disney can make all the money. I just wish Episode VII was a true continuation. And not to forget that John Williams score disappointed as well, which is something that even the prequels delivered on.

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
I wouldn't be surprised if they're holding back a Directors Cut for release just before Episode 8. It would be awesome though. I wonder if some industrious folk will try and integrate the deleted scenes into the the Theatrical Cut when they get their hands on it?

Abrams declined on that already. Would have loved to see the deleted scenes inside the movie though.

Reactions: orbital~debris
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.