Star Wars Galaxies

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheFallGuy, Aug 26, 2003.

1. TheFallGuy macrumors member

TheFallGuy

I just played a little of Star Wars Galaxies on my friend's computer. It's a very interesting game. Does anyone know if it will be coming out for the mac, or when?

(BTW I'm considering switching to a mac from PC -- soo I'm a newb here)

Also, are there any good MMORPGs for Mac?

2. maraczc macrumors member

Re: Star Wars Galaxies

Star Wars Galaxies I think should be coming out soon (or has) since the other new Star Wars games are. Everquest, Dungeon Seige, Shadowbane, and Graal Online are also for Mac.

3. xpormac macrumors regular

It took 4 years to come out with a mac version of Everquest. Just FYI.

4. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

I play Galaxies regularly on my PC. Its a great game. Unfortunately, they don't have any plans to make a mac version. Galaxies is the only thing I will continue to use my PC for (other than folding@home) when I get a powerbook. It's worth having to deal with windows to me, which is saying quite a lot :)

5. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

The other Star Wars games you speak of are made by Lucasarts whereas SWG was made by sony with the license of Lucasarts. It's a possibility it'll come to the Mac but definately not in the near future.

6. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

The best one will be World of Warcraft, its not out but it will come out for mac @ the same time as the PC version.

I think the best MMORPG for mac right now is probably shadowbane though

7. Centris 650 macrumors 6502

Centris 650

I've been hoping for a mac port but it really seems unlikely. I've got my eye on City of Heroes. (www.cityofheroes.com) This game is produced by NCSoft the same that produced Lineage. It seems like a cool game but I doubt we will see a mac port here too.

Oh, well.

8. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

nope it wont come, its not a big deal. galaxies has been a big flop. but its not unusual for sony to release games before they are ready (planetside). my coworker, who is a HUGE gamer and bought galaxies, and he loved it, but didnt sign up for the next month because it had to many bugs and problems. but he said he may pick it back up when it gets better after a few patches.

iJon

9. SLJ macrumors regular

SLJ

Galaxies have being cancel by SONY because they are experience lots of problems with the network... It was state it in the official web site back at April, we may never see the day light of Galaxies for mac... wait for World of Warcraft...

------------------------------
    Yes, My Lord.... peon
    ------------------------------

10. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

Just wanna let you guys know that a Shadowbane demo has just been released.
    link