Star Wars Movie Pack?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by seabass069, Nov 1, 2005.

1. seabass069 macrumors regular

Does anyone know if there will be a complete 6 dvd Star Wars collectable box. You can buy 1,2,3 seperately and the trilogy box. I want the whole set in its own case!

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My wife has already ordered the "Star Wars III" from amazon.com. Should arrive soon. She says the the Pack is do for another year or two.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

That way they get everyone to purchase the movies twice. :(

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'm sure there will be an HD version out in a year or two. Might be worth waiting for.

Of course, I'll need an HDTV and HD DVD, but, hey, anything for Star Wars. ;)

5. Prelude2Tragedy macrumors regular

Well probably see a trilogy with movies 1,2, and 3 next year. Then the year after have a box set with all movies. Then the next year have a full box set with an insane amount of special stuff, and so on. God knows how many times Lucas is gonna repackage these things.

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Lord only knows. He's currently working on a 3D version of the original 3 for theatrical release.

Lethal

7. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

It would be nice if Lucas would make available a nice cardboard box designed to hold all six DVDs... when I bought Kill Bill: Vol. 2, Best Buy was giving out such nice boxes, designed to hold both Kill Bill movies in such a way that it looked like you bought them both at the same time.

How about it, George?

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

HA, why do that when you can milk the movies for more later? :rolleyes:

9. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

they did that for the 3 LOTR special edition sets. but my brother had to send in 10 bucks and wait 6 weeks to get one

10. Kobushi macrumors 6502a

Kobushi

The box will be sold separtely from the movies for $19.95 and be stamped with THX, Lucasfilm, Lucas Arts, Skywalker Sound, and Industrial Light and Magic logos...and lots of dollar signs $$$$$ :D

11. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

too bad there will not be a DTS logo :( :( :(
    (dolby digital sucks...)

12. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I bought the Star Wars trilogy. I think I'll wait for a HD version of all 6 Star Wars movies before I plunk down another set of dollars.

13. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

OK, I am going to be honest here, which will surprise no one given my user name and avatar, but I am a sucker for anything Star Wars, so I will be buying whatever Lucas puts out, whenever he does. Got my copy of the new movie and Battlefront II today. :D

14. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

Well, I have all 6 on DVD now, but like many others I am frustrate with all of the repackaging. With that said, I am still going to repurchase all six if the entire set is released in HD at some point in the coming years.

Hckman

15. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

I have all 6 too. Watched Sith last night; was afraid it would be a let-down but it is still better than the other two prequels by a mile.

There will be a 6 film set. One of the features is going to be a CG Yoda in Phantom Menace-- the really horrible puppet that looked NOTHING like Yoda is going to be replaced. There's a snippet of it in one of the Sith documentaries. I think Toady McCallum (prequels producer) has said a 6 film box will be released in a couple of years. I despise the cover art on all of the current DVDs; as long as there are no more changes in the original trilogy I will join the line of suckers and buy them again, I'm sure-- particularly if they are next gen DVDs. I think the restoration of the OT was brilliant; they all looked like they were filmed last month.

16. achie25 macrumors 6502

I am going to wait for a big boxed set. Lucas knows he can get away with selling them individually first and then he will come out with at least one cool boxed set and probably some anniversary sets as well. He knows that we will all buy them.

So I will have to wait. Also the whole 3D theatrical re-release would be AWESOME. I will start standing in line tomorrrow.

17. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

It'll probably take a year at least before the full sets come out. It was the same with LOTR. First the movies came out individually. Then in the extended versions were released and finally they released the full extended trilogy box set. Needless to say that was at least a year after the 3rd movie was released on dvd. I'm going to wait, that's for sure.

18. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I save my money toward a DVD, by not going to the movie theaters. Enjoy the privacy of my own home.

19. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

That's not true. I got my Extended Edition ROTK when it was released in November or whatever it was, but my brother recieved the entire boxed set (Extended Editions) for Christmas. That was only like a month and a half after I got mine.

I ordered the box for my set, but I only had to pay $3 and wait about a month. Not $10 like a previous poster said. I did have a coupon in my ROTK set so it may have been $10 without that though.

20. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

Target

Target had it for $14.99

Wooo Hoo - no wait no shipping!!!!!

Can't wait to watch it!

21. PharmD macrumors 6502

I just went and bought Eps I,II and III this week. On the bonus features for III, McCollum says that Lucas is going to go back and make "Special Editions" of this trilogy in a few years. For example, in the original cut of III, there was a whole hour of footage of the opening Palpatine rescue, but was cut down to 25 min in the film we have.

Surprisingly, all of the deleted scenes were really good but simply cut for time. These include Yoda arriving on Dagobah, Padme starting the rebel alliance with Organa and others, and Grevious killing Shak-ti.

If they release these, I'll most likely buy them. I hope they put all the original theatrical posters on the front of the cases though. They are much better than what we have.

22. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

They'll come out with a box version of all 6 but in two versions: one Special Edition, one Original Cut. Thus, buying all 6 at a time will be the only way for purists to get the original versions. :D

As for me, I've got II, will get III (I'm not going to bother with I), and later I'm just probably just going to convert the IV, V, and VI LaserDiscs (original versions too) I have to DVD format.

23. zim macrumors 65816

zim

Seeing how things have been released in the past, here is my prediction...

1. A box set of episodes 1-3 to compliment anyone who has a box set 4-6.
    2. About a year after or maybe the next anniversary another box set containing all 6.
    3. Following the complete box set we see yet another release with all 6 in possibly HD.

Lucas likes our money and he knows we are willing to give it up. I felt that way when they released 4-6 prior to 3 coming out on DVD, I think that was so that they could get as many sales on a 4-6 box set before they package it all together.

Looking back I regret purchasing... episode 1 vhs: special edition box with collectors book. episode 4-6 vhs box set collection. Not buying the original vhs sets prior to the first rerelease vhs set of 4-6 (I think my dad has theme somewhere).

24. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Same here.

I have the original IV, V and VI episodes on LD and will convert to DVD.

However, when George releases a boxed set for 1 through 6, I'm there.

Sushi

25. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

Aww, Im just waiting for the remake of 4-6 He will need some more money soon.