Star Wars --- Sneak Peak...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by eleveneastgate, Mar 1, 2005.

1. eleveneastgate macrumors 6502

... Taken from DJ Geometrix's Forum (Thanks Gutter), enjoy:

2. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

WOW! :eek:

As I was looking through the pictures, the descriptions became way too detailed, so I just quickly scrolled through them. But wow! I really hope this movie is good. Although I won't be surprised if it isn't... :rolleyes:

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i hope it lives up to the hype and expectations

4. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Argggghh, it takes everything I have not to click that link!

I'm a pretty big fan, and I want to know what happens, but I don't want the suprise spoiled.

I'll regret that if this film is a crapfest!

5. Foucault macrumors 6502

Foucault

Damn. I don't know how accurate your storytelling is, but wow!!!

6. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I think that this movie may just top Empire Strikes Back if all that I've heard is correct. It seems that George and crew are finally linking together the prequels and the original trilogy, and in such a way that might add meaning to the fairly drab Episodes I and II. It seems that the first two were a technological warm up, and now almost 9 years after production began on episode I, George can again focus on telling a story and not have to worry about the post-production side. I hope so anyway!

7. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

8. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

After looking at the pictures and reading a few lines (knowing full well that in a few months I will have forgotten about the pictures) all I can say is WOW!

I hope it works out and does not turn into a bore like Attack of the Clones. There were no memorable quotes by anyone and after watching it a few times I just did not care about anyone in the movie (whether they lived or died).

I like seeing the red dressed guards, although I think that the whole lava thing is way overdone by too many studios. I mean, how many time do I need to see a fight between two individuals over a river of lava. Been done before.

9. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

If you want the images without the text (which prevents at least some of the spoiling...), you can get them here (it's easiest if you right-click the link and opt to download it).

10. iGary Guest

iGary

Very cool, although Lucas' films have continued to get animatronic beyond believable limits.

Don't get me wrong, I am still psyched to see it. :D

11. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

12. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Well I clicked the link! Nice! Although not really any spoilers since we all know what happens to Padme, Palpatine, Anakin, and Obi-Wan. I guess it's all in the details, but it does look pretty amazing from the stills? Will it have the same comic characters that graced Ep.1 and 2? Attack of the Clones was a great movie, but it gets kinda confusing when they start talking about trade disputes, etc. otherwise the battle scene on Camino was my favorite part of ATOC. TPM was probably the weakest of the 5 so far, since it was SOOO boring, but otherwise, if Episode 3 can tie the loose ends of the first, then it would have been worth it.

13. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

hmm.... i can't get the link to load. safari says it can't find that server.

14. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

15. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Mine worked OK, just takes for ever to download even with DSL. More than an hour. The picture certainly peak interest for the movie. Which I believe is a little over two months away, May 15th. It will help to pass the time to WWDC. This will be the climax to a great double Trilogy.

16. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

As posted above, I've mirrored the images themselves. The site is more fun to read, but if all you want are the pics, the zip file shouldn't take more than a minute to download.

17. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

How does anyone survive a bath in lava?

Also, seems getting hands cut off is popular with the Jedis. Do they ever think to wear arm guards?

18. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Those pesky light sabers seem to cut through anything, darn it all....

19. evilernie macrumors 6502

evilernie

20. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

21. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Well, everything except another light saber. Hey, there's an idea, make an arm guard with a light saber sorta shield around it.

22. mauly macrumors 6502

Thats all new.........imo..........looks v dark :)

23. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Yeah, but then you go to wipe dirt off of your face, and.... ;)

24. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I've added an HTML copy of the site to the zip file I mirrored here. Fetch the zip (again), click on the HTML (STARWARS3.html), and you'll see what was there, without the horrible delays. The original site is essentially down now, but I was lucky and happened to have minimized the window I had opened it in (which I just noticed). The HTML itself loads all the images, so it takes a second to open in your browser.

25. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

I shouldn't have clicked :(

I won't be in a hurry to see the movie...

Now I know what my friend in the uni felt when we had to do homework and he decided to see "Scream" instead... I said, "What?, but the bad guy is..." and I said who was :p ... Now, I understand...