Star Wars Text Crawl Help

Discussion in 'Community' started by 000111one111000, Dec 26, 2003.

1. 000111one111000 macrumors regular

Does ANYONE out there know of any tutorials for Final Cut Pro/Express on how to make a text crawl like the one at the beginning of Star Wars?

I can find tons of them for After Effects, but unfortunately, I don't have After Effects.

If any of you know of any tutorials, or know for yourself how to do it, I'd be forever thankful if you could tell me. :)

thanks in advance

enoch

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

3. 000111one111000 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks wdlove, but not exactly what I'm looking for.

Now, since I can't find any tutorials on how to accomplish this with FCP 3, I'm going to ask a favor. :)

If any of you can recreate the opening of a Star Wars movie, is there a possibility that you could do it for me? I'm not going to be able to get access to AfterEffects, so I have no way of doing it myself.

And, unfortunately, I have no way to repay you.

But anyway, if any of you can help me out in any way, that'd be great.

thanks

enoch

4. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

There are a few ways that you could do this, unfortuantely, none of them look 'just right' if you know what I mean. But if that doesn't matter, try this:

First you want to use the text crawl text generator, makes sense right? Then you can either use the filter that allows you to tilt things in 3D (sorry, the name slips my mind right now), or you can use the distort tool and bring the top corners of the text layer more to a point in the distance. If you have issues because my mini tutorial sucks, send me an email.

P-Worm

5. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

After spending a great deal of time, I managed to squirt out an extremely impressive looking Star Wars opening crawl for a memories video that looked insanely real, and I even had the camera pan down to the high schopol afterward. I have another lazy week of Christmas vacation left, and would be glad to help you. As payment, I would just ask that you keep my name in mind as a great graphics artist. BTW, I did use After Effects. PM me, or post here. I'm in Taipei right now, but am currently on my 15inch AluBook with Airport Extreme waiting to board a plane back to the states. All I need is the text of the scroll (three paragraph format goes a long way to making it look good) Just tell me if you want widescreen or fullscreen, how long you want the animation to be, maybe a few other things, and I'll throw it together for you ASAP.